1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] DoomLord's unrooting script works on the Warp

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by paulbonner, Jan 3, 2012.

1. paulbonner

paulbonner Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    FYI -- Not sure if this has been posted before, but DoomLord's unrooting script [HOW-TO] Root Phones w/ Android v2.2.x-2.3.x (zergRush Method) - Page 15 - xda-developers appears to work just fine on the Warp. (It deletes busybox and all the xbin symlinks to it, su, and the superuser.apk, and then cleans up after itself nicely. I walked through it first after commenting out all the rm statements to satisfy myself that it wouldn't do anything crazy, then restored the rms and ran the script. Within a couple minutes I was the proud owner of a newly-unrooted phone...

Note-- while running the unrooter, make sure you follow the on-screen instructions and keep your phone's screen ON. Superuser will prompt you several times if you want to give the adb shell root access. You need to say yes in order for the script to succeed.

Unfortunately, I went to this effort in the hope that once I'd unrooted I would be able to use the phone's system updater to go from B07 to B08. No dice, even after unrooting and rebooting -- maybe the updater script is looking for B06 and decides you're up to date if it finds a higher version? Looks like I'll have to use the online updating tool or wait for BoostMobile to rev up to another update build.

The failure to update was disappointing, but re-rooting with WarpDrive was painfree and only took a minute, and I'm back where I started at least.

Advertisement

2. Cldormer

Cldormer Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Yeah I'm in the same boat....I have b07 and can't seem to find a way to get up to b08.

I updated using the ZTE tool before they removed it now the updater on the phone just gives me the system up to date message...

3. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Male
    Retired Michigan Gravel Trains Driver
    S.W. Lower Michigan
  4. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Male