1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] DSP Manager In Custom Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PsyMega, Aug 16, 2012.

1. PsyMega

PsyMega Android Expert

Why is DSP Manager included in roms shjinstu and noob when it doesn't work anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it please let me know.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

I have found that dsp manager and volume+ only effect certain apps... not all... so yeah most of the time they seem like they arent doing anything... but ive had the best results with volume+... just dont crank the settings up too high or your speaker will degrade over time...

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

PsyMega likes this.
  3. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

I included it in n00b because it works for pandora , the only music app I really use, at the end of the day this phone just doesn't have a loud speaker

4. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

That's great advice Mr bobo. I have been so disappointed in the sound quality listening to pandora that I never listen to it anymore really.

5. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

I use the beats audio flash on my phone and pandora sounded great after the eq tweaks

6. Alsaces Daddy

Can someone show me what your tweaks look like to make the sound better? I got the bigger battery and cover and its downright awful now.

7. UnknownUser1

I just set the eq that comes with beats till i liked it. Also i used a razor to slit that cover over the speaker

8. Alsaces Daddy

I already removed the screen.

9. UnknownUser1

Do you use the dolby sound too

10. Alsaces Daddy

No. I haven't used any tweaks to the sound. I am on shinjitsu rom but I haven't done anything with dsp as I didn't think it would help or i would mess it up.. Which is why I requested a screenshot.

11. UnknownUser1

I havnt used shins rom but doing the beats audio cant hurt you could make a back up first

12. Alsaces Daddy

I backup once a week unknown. :) You never know when you'll mess something up. BTW saving your backups on your computer a month at a time is actually quite helpful too.

13. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

I guess I don't notice the sound issue too much because at work I use noise canceling headphones, in my car I use an fm transmitter and at home plug it into a bose radio in the kitchen, so it's pretty rarely I hear the phone speaker. I also hardly ever talk on the phone :) I would much rather text

14. Alsaces Daddy

That's all I do but its hard to text and drive.. especially with so many super troopers around up here.

SelfElevated2 likes this.
  15. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

DSPManager works fine on the google play music i have included with my rom, but if you update then your sol lol. i will try to fix some of the issues with it and get it to work with the stock apps if i can.

esparks004 likes this.
  16. bhays3

bhays3 Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a music player that is confirmed to work with DSPlayer?

17. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Android Expert

Player pro works with dsp manager. I use it constantly.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

18. esparks004

esparks004 Well-Known Member

I can confirm, DSP works with the version of Google Play Music Shin has in his ROM. I tried to update but it just wouldn't let me. I even uninstalled on the old version and tried to install the updated version from the market. Gave error each time, so i just restored my backup of the older version and all is well.

19. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

When I flashed beats audio the eq that comes with it don't work just the volume control.

20. atlharp

atlharp Well-Known Member

In general I don't use DSP due to its issues with other programs. I mainly use Volume + but only sparsely. Most of the time I am like Bobo in that my phone is plugged into headphones or a auxiliary cable in the car.

21. UnknownUser1

Try in with an internet radio

22. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

to the question about settings in dsp manager for pandora, I usually just enable the equalizer and use acoustic as the setting, seems to boost things nicely all around. I don't have much issue with the quality of sound from pandora, just the volume in my car so the acoustic setting in dsp seems to bring it up enough to make it "normal"

Alsaces Daddy likes this.
  23. aaanadie

aaanadie Android Enthusiast

Zimly works OK on n00bIV rom. I use Acoustic preset and got a good sound for phone speaker and stereo bluetooth.

24. Alsaces Daddy

Bobo I tried your settings and it sounds good with my cover off. Guess I'm gonna have to concoct something to funnel the sound directly tobthe audio port instead of letting it cast throughout the phone case beforehand

MrBobo likes this.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews