• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Error Mounting SD Card

klishak22

Apr 26, 2012
Ok, I have done some research on this issue, and not sure if anyone knows exactly what is going on here. I have a few SD cards from various phones. When I have been using CWM I can only access a certain SD card. The others all say Error can't mount SD card; however, the phone uses the SD card just fine. Only CWM gives me a problem with this. Well, attempting an update on the ROM I'm using my SD card that worked before now does the same error. Any clue as to what is causing this? Any possible solutions other then buying a new SD card? Thanks!

Ok, I have done some research on this issue, and not sure if anyone knows exactly what is going on here. I have a few SD cards from various phones. When I have been using CWM I can only access a certain SD card. The others all say Error can't mount SD card; however, the phone uses the SD card just fine. Only CWM gives me a problem with this. Well, attempting an update on the ROM I'm using my SD card that worked before now does the same error. Any clue as to what is causing this? Any possible solutions other then buying a new SD card? Thanks!
If your running windows 7 and have ever formatted your card via built in format program, it messes it up. I know how to fix this though:, first mount usb storage...make sure u have all hidden files shown, and copy/paste all your entire sd card somewhere on ur pc to back it up...then download this program http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65761686/sdfmt3_1%20%282%29.zip extract the zip, and run it, choose format option erase all. upon format completion, load your files back onto the card, and you should be all set.

Reactions: klishak22
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones