1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] extended power menu

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pamase201, Oct 17, 2012.

1. pamase201

pamase201 Well-Known Member

can someone post a link for super extended power menu with screenshot and quick reboot

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

I can post you a link but the framework res is based off of tweak nation...

3. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

Look thru old threads ithink i remember seein a universal port for them but i cant remember

4. mhannah3333

I pulled the following files from tweak nation..
    /system/bin screenshot
    /system/app screenshot.apk
    /system/framework framework-res.apk
    /system/framework android.policy.jar
    Made flashable http://db.tt/6APmfj9I

5. mhannah3333

Check and make sure permissions are correct after flashing. Correct permissions if neccesary

6. pamase201

It doesn't work keep getting error code

7. mhannah3333

Its gotta be a permissions issue.

Edit: ill chk the update script in tweak nation

8. mhannah3333

Success! Wow. The screenshot bin file has some funky permissions. I added the following line to the update script of this installer package.. " set_perm(0, 0, 6755, "/system/bin/screenshot");" and success!! Here's the new flashable..
    http://db.tt/Larg2Hl1
    keep in mind that the framework res in this installer is ICON based.

9. pamase201

Thanks downloading now I'm glad its based on icon the first one turned my menu to look like tweak nations

10. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Thats the permission line that gave me trouble. The guide i followed had 06755 and that didnt work.

11. pamase201

Works great

12. pamase201

can one of you guys tell me where to exactly find notifications pull down in my system file

13. pamase201

Are these the files for notification pull down

Attached Files:

14. jforten420

jforten420 Well-Known Member

It didn't give me an extended power menu but changed all my icons

15. PsyMega

PsyMega Android Expert

Could you describe the "extended power menu" you are trying to obtain because I feel you may mean you are trying to get is the quick panel settings menu that is at the top of the notification bar.

16. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

The power button menu:) and the pull down menu:) are two separate things. What one are you trying for?:thinking:

17. pamase201

yeah i know the thread was for extended power menu but i figured if someone could help me with notification pulldown i was trynnatheme it but i figured it out thanks tho guys nd girls

18. bricky

bricky Well-Known Member

what am i doing wrong? i flashed the zip and i have the power menu but when i hit a but it tskes me to boot screen and just does loops so i pull the battery.do i have to change settibgs or anything.im installing it on a stock rooted rom.

19. pamase201

Shat from are you using it might not support the extended power menu that happen to me on a stock from with stock kernal.

20. jforten420

It works for me on a stock Rom, but when i try to boot into recovery it just re boots. Can someone help me out ?

21. jforten420

I really need some help! For some reason the extended power menu doesn't work for me. I mean the extended power menu is there, but when I, let's say, click on the recovery button all it does is a fast reboot. It does that for bootloader also. The only thing that does work is the power off, and the screen shot. Everything else does a fast reboot. Even the reboot button does a fast reboot, not a full reboot like it is supposed to do. Can anyone help me?

22. LilBit

You MAY have to do a factory data reset, then reflash the rom you were using.

If, after that, you still want the extended power menu, use a rom that already has it.

23. jforten420

I've already done that a few times. Still doesn't work and I don't like the other roms. I like the style of the icons that comes along with the extended power menu. (I think it is from icon rom.) I use rom toolbox pros rebooter, so it's not that big of a deal to me. But it would be nice to have it working properly. :)

24. LilBit

Ok, sorry it didn't work out like you wanted.:(

25. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Honestly, I think the only phone I've ever seen hot boot/quick reboot are the HTC Variety phones. Never seen that with another phone...

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews