• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] For Discussion of Development for CM7 Only

I'm having an issue with the build.
It says wpa_ctrl.h no such file, here's a pic
42574a2f-2b91-be6e.jpg

I'm a little lost, I get this everytime

Upvote 0
Had the same issue, but hroark gave me some info to get past it.

do a

make clobber

delete the libwpa_client from the arthur folder

edit the BoardConfig.mk

and change

WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_8_X

to

WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_6_X

make clean
make clobber
source ./build/envsetup.sh
lunch ZTE_Warp-eng
mka -j4 bacon

The build was able to finish, but the phone wouldn't boot. Logcat is showing this error over and over. Trying to figure out where this key shutter sound parameter is exactly.

E/AndroidRuntime( 2433): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 2433): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load library: link_image[1969]: 2427 could not load needed library 'libsystem_server.so' for 'libandroid_servers.so' (link_image[1969]: 2427 could not load needed library 'libcameraservice.so' for 'libsystem_server.so' (link_image[1969]: 2427 could not load needed library 'libcamera.so' for 'libcameraservice.so' (reloc_library[1318]: 2427 cannot locate '_ZN7android16CameraParameters24KEY_SHUTTER_SOUND_SELECTE'...

Upvote 0
Build completed, would not boot. Really tired so bear with me. I just noticed that hroark's build said 7_2 on it, my repository is gingerbread, not gingerbread 7.2. I'm still wondering if it's maybe the kernel that was in the source?
Also my update-script looked different than hroark's, I tried the way it was compiled, I tried using hroark's update-script, then again with his boot.img, I used the source from the zip that was posted. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Had the same issue, but hroark gave me some info to get past it.

The build was able to finish, but the phone wouldn't boot. Logcat is showing this error over and over. Trying to figure out where this key shutter sound parameter is exactly.

remove the libomecamera from the arthur folder

and change this in the boardconfig.mk

USE_CAMERA_STUB:=false

to

USE_CAMERA_STUB:=true

Reactions: JBrd400
Upvote 0
Build completed, would not boot. Really tired so bear with me. I just noticed that hroark's build said 7_2 on it, my repository is gingerbread, not gingerbread 7.2. I'm still wondering if it's maybe the kernel that was in the source?
Also my update-script looked different than hroark's, I tried the way it was compiled, I tried using hroark's update-script, then again with his boot.img, I used the source from the zip that was posted. Any ideas?

the update script I usually edit to format data and cache and I add all those messages in it

Upvote 0
I hope you guys realize that I am trying to get hardware working

so my source is changing a lot

sometimes those changes cause more issues

it is really a lot of testing

try this driver, see if ti works, blah blah blah

I have stopped focusing on hardware like camera and stuff because I believe the major thing we are going to need to overcome is the RIL

and if we can not get the RIL working, then there is no point on doing anything else

Reactions: JBrd400 and Spiyder
Upvote 0
I hope you guys realize that I am trying to get hardware working

so my source is changing a lot

sometimes those changes cause more issues

it is really a lot of testing

try this driver, see if ti works, blah blah blah

I have stopped focusing on hardware like camera and stuff because I believe the major thing we are going to need to overcome is the RIL

and if we can not get the RIL working, then there is no point on doing anything else

I totally don't blame you for any issues :), you have helped us enormously! I'm just wanting to learn, and I'd hope my questions aren't a bother! Thanks again hroark

Upvote 0
I totally don't blame you for any issues :), you have helped us enormously! I'm just wanting to learn, and I'd hope my questions aren't a bother! Thanks again hroark

no bother at all

I am just having issues using git hub

and I am not very good at version tracking, because I change a lot of things and test them to see if they work

I will put updated source on github that complies and boots this weekend

it will still have the problem with hardware not working

but it will boot

for now you if you make those changes I suggested it should compile and boot

Upvote 0
Yup, worked for me too. :) FINALLY got to see what CM7 looks like... lol

I know BT and such aren't high priority ATM, but I found a couple files that are not in the arthur source that are called by init scripts. (listed below) I'll add them to my local source, but thought I'd mention them in case anyone else wants to add them as well.

/system/bin/hci_qcomm_init needed by: init.qcom.bt.sh
/system/bin/btwlancoex needed by: init.qcom.coex.sh
/system/bin/fm_qsoc_patches needed by: init.qcom.fm.sh

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0
the installer script the cm7 generates does not set all the needed permissions

I have created some CMW installer templates for CM7, stock and other things

I had to add these lines

set_perm(0, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.qcom.bt.sh");
set_perm(0, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.qcom.coex.sh");
set_perm(0, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.qcom.fm.sh");
set_perm(0, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh");
set_perm(0, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.qcom.sdio.sh");
set_perm(0, 0755, 0755, "/system/etc/init.qcom.wifi.sh");

http://androidforums.com/warp-all-t...ler-templates-updated-3-31-a.html#post4122690

you may want to replace the updater-script on any ROMS you compile

Reactions: JBrd400
Upvote 0
I did have a ROM in the OP from day 1

Sure, but I chose not to use that as I wanted to build it myself. (regardless of the fact that you really did all the hard work to put together a working source) My primary concern has always been to have a working source that can be used as a baseline to test changes against. So actually seeing CM7 was a secondary concern, but still good to see after all the hours spent working on this.

Upvote 0
Yup, worked for me too. :) FINALLY got to see what CM7 looks like... lol

I know BT and such aren't high priority ATM, but I found a couple files that are not in the arthur source that are called by init scripts. (listed below) I'll add them to my local source, but thought I'd mention them in case anyone else wants to add them as well.

/system/bin/hci_qcomm_init needed by: init.qcom.bt.sh
/system/bin/btwlancoex needed by: init.qcom.coex.sh
/system/bin/fm_qsoc_patches needed by: init.qcom.fm.sh

i put those file in the patch file in the second post a while back

i have tried adding then to the source and having them copy during the compile, but CM7 seems to overwrite them with its own version and I have to use the patch update anyway

Upvote 0
i put those file in the patch file in the second post a while back

i have tried adding then to the source and having them copy during the compile, but CM7 seems to overwrite them with its own version and I have to use the patch update anyway

I just checked the md5sums of those 3 files before & after my build and they were the same. (modified device_arthur.mk to do the copy) Now I didn't do the make clean or make clobber steps though as I was just adding some additional files to test. Would that make any difference?

Upvote 0
Couple questions...

Anyone have ideas as to why "ls" doesn't work when using adb shell from within CM7 unless you specify the full path? (/system/xbin/ls) Tried a couple other xbin files and they seem fine.

Other thing is, I see an error in logcat stating that /data/system/entropy.dat is missing and causes the entropy service to fail. However, it is in the correct spot on the phone so I'm assuming this is a permissions issue. Currently it's set r/w for system (user) only. Can I assume that the errors are being caused because root needs access instead? Not really asking about this case so much, but whether this is the correct logic when troubleshooting these types of errors.

Upvote 0
Couple questions...

Anyone have ideas as to why "ls" doesn't work when using adb shell from within CM7 unless you specify the full path? (/system/xbin/ls) Tried a couple other xbin files and they seem fine.

Other thing is, I see an error in logcat stating that /data/system/entropy.dat is missing and causes the entropy service to fail. However, it is in the correct spot on the phone so I'm assuming this is a permissions issue. Currently it's set r/w for system (user) only. Can I assume that the errors are being caused because root needs access instead? Not really asking about this case so much, but whether this is the correct logic when troubleshooting these types of errors.

on which installer script? that is important

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones