1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boost Mobile G3 root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fangthane, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Fangthane

Fangthane Newbie

I've done some searching around XDA and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm thinking about getting a Boost G3, but want to make absolutely sure I can root it before I decide to pull the trigger. That site seems to be even more convoluted and unfriendly than I remember it, so I didn't want to ask over there. At this point, I can't even figure out which variant the Boost G3 (is it the same as the Sprint one?) is, so I'm pretty much lost. Can the Boost model be rooted, and if so, which method will definitely work? The G3 All Things Root Guide here doesn't seem to have any Boost-specific info.

Heloguy likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Heloguy

Heloguy Android Enthusiast

I have the Boost mobile version, LS990 and I think it's a great phone. I have also searched for a Boost specific forum with directions, and have not found one. It really doesn't bother me too much at the moment, because I am awaiting the release of 6.0
    Once i am updated, I will be looking to root as well. any help or tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

3. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Do you know for certain that the Boost version will be getting the update? They just stopped carrying the G3 altogether. Makes getting Marshmallow seem unlikely.

But yeah, I've tried everything I could find and nothing's worked so far. I knew I shouldn't have installed that update. I assumed it was Marshmallow. :/

4. Heloguy

I don't know for sure. I assume they will.

5. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

That's a big assumption to make of an MVNO.

6. Heloguy

We can HOPE. LOL!

bg4m3r likes this.
  7. certain LG G3 phones are getting the Marshmellow update like the Sprint LG G3 (I have).
    i am NOT getting the 6.0 update because nothing is optimized for ART. I was on MM once hate it so i downgraded from 6.0.1,5.1.1,5.0.1 to kk witch im currently am on. Stock rooted and with a custom kernel.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews