• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] galaxy note 3 keyboard installation

cornelljdavis

Nov 15, 2011
Last month I ran wicked sensation 4.3 tw ROM which was great like everyone said. However I miss one thing about and thats note 3 keyboard....I liked it a lot. I want to know does anyone know a way to install it onto the g3? Sorry for the long post just wanted to say what was real and that ROM is real good.

So did you end up getting it? It really is simple to get bro. All you need to do is find the keyboard apk. If you know of a ROM that had it just pull it out of the ROM, put the apk on your SD card, and install it.

Didn't Wicked Sensations have it as an add on?

Do you know how to pull the apk from a ROM zip? If not and If you know where it's at, let me know where and I'll get it for you.

Upvote 0
Naw bro I got a parsing package error when I found a apk link. I don't know how to pull the app from a ROM. My guess is use titanium backup and convert it to a regular app and back it up and just install it on the new ROM backinto a system app. If that's not how teach me please or send me a link or something I can learn to do so from. When I was on wicked sensation I didn't fiddle with mods I just wanted to rum 4,3 tw and use my camera while on the phone but using my camera on the feature did not work even though it was one of the features. Anyways even if they did have it in my hub like people have said I wouldn't even thought to look there.

Upvote 0
Naw bro I got a parsing package error when I found a apk link. I don't know how to pull the app from a ROM. My guess is use titanium backup and convert it to a regular app and back it up and just install it on the new ROM backinto a system app. If that's not how teach me please or send me a link or something I can learn to do so from. When I was on wicked sensation I didn't fiddle with mods I just wanted to rum 4,3 tw and use my camera while on the phone but using my camera on the feature did not work even though it was one of the features. Anyways even if they did have it in my hub like people have said I wouldn't even thought to look there.

OK bro. Here's what's up. To pull an apk from a ROM you must 1st have 7zip, Winrar, or Winzip. Once one of these programs have been installed you will double click on the ROM and it will open. You will see a folder labeled SYSTEM. Double click on it and open it. You will then see a folder labeled APPS. Doubled click and open it. You then locate the apk you are looking for. You will be able you drag the apk out to your desktop with your mouse pointer. Easy peasy bro. :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones