1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boost Mobile GS2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Runningwolf, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Runningwolf

Runningwolf Lurker

Well, I've finally managed to update from ICS to JB. I believe I'm successfully Rooted...at least I have SU access. Now, this Yellow Triangle...a little help please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the boost root ATR forum where folks who have your phone can help you out better.

not sure what you mean by the yellow triangle. can you please further explain as i do not have your device. where do you see this?

Doc likes this.
  3. oamilcar

oamilcar Android Enthusiast

Welcome! Please Make sure you read sticky threads @the top of this forum. They will contain pretty much everything (all the goodies) you need or may want for this device. Any other issue feel free ask.

Now for your issue. Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22462960 . It absolutely worked (removed the ugly triangle) on my s2 .

Runningwolf, ocnbrze and Doc like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Thank you sir we will get him fixed up....;)

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

You can also get Triangle Away from the play store.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. NosTraDomus

NosTraDomus Well-Known Member

Triangle awsy is free and easy...

Install and follow the steps...

It will ask you to verify the phone it shows you..
    Then you can choose to reset the flash counter that makes the yellow triangle appear.

It will boot into its boot mode and you choose option to reset counter..
    Boom your done..

Easy as pie...and my neighbors daughter.
    It works 100%..no bricking (as long as you read instructions)

ocnbrze and Doc like this.
  7. Runningwolf

Runningwolf Lurker

Finally beginning to notice side effects. Bad timing. Don't know if I'm being throttled, or I broke my phone...but it's sooooo slow. Haven't got rid of anything major yet. Still paranoid. And can't find the things I want to get rid of. Even with SU access been denied twice from deleting programs and apps. Ready to surrender and unroot...almost

8. ocnbrze

oamilcar and Doc like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Android Expert

What concerns me is your SU shouldn't be getting denied at all if your rooted....:thinking:

10. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

He probably doesn't have his file explorer set to root access.

ocnbrze likes this.
  11. Runningwolf

Runningwolf Lurker

Not true. It's 2.49. And it's sad to say, but I just can't afford it.

12. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Yea man no the feeling, it use to be free, its not going to hurt anything just a annoying thing to see on reboot, what rom are you on GC01?

ocnbrze likes this.
  13. ocnbrze

there is an apk in the link i provided. it is free to download, though i would say that if you ever come across some extra $ to donate it to the dev who made the app possible.

Runningwolf, oamilcar and Doc like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Cool thank you sir, I just checked the play store......kudos......:D

ocnbrze likes this.
  15. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

I think the triangle's bitchin' anyway

16. oamilcar

If you're talking about triangle away , on the link I provided, there you will find the free .apk version and will find the link for the paid version from play store as will to support the hard work and countless hours the developer put in its apps. Please make sure you read, read and read. Before you attempt to do anything new to your device. If you don't understand feel free to ask.

Runningwolf, Doc and ocnbrze like this.
  17. oamilcar

What do you really want to get rid of? What type of file explore are you using? Did you double check if you have root access?

I can only see apps getting denied superuser permission if you denied the first time you opened the app. To fix that you will have to open either su or superuser.apk and grant the app root access from there.

Doc likes this.
  18. Runningwolf

Runningwolf Lurker

Yes. So many problems. When I bought this phone, Adobe was unsupported, somehow (don't remember) I got Adobe 11. Now it's gone and unsupported again. I went for over kill. Took several SU's now I know which one I want "Super Manager" I'm not given an option to uninstall the others. So frustrated.

19. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Ok sir, lets do this, you tell us what you want, rooted, stock, custom rom and we all will do our best to try to make it easier, ok man......:)

ocnbrze likes this.
  20. Runningwolf

Runningwolf Lurker

I apologize for my ignorance...which has become painfully apparent. I won't bother anymore. But I go with a parting thought: remember your first time. Not necessarily your first root. But when you sat in the garage hacking your first 8086 and got lost in DOS, deleting from the .dir trying to streamline and speed up the old beast.........and not having anyone to teach you.

21. ocnbrze

but that is the thing.......you are not alone.....you have us. we are here for you, if you need us. we can talk you thru whatever you need help with. please feel free to ask away.

now, what part do you need clearing up? do you understand the question that was asked in the previous post?

edit: and please there is no need to apologize here......we are all family;)

Doc, oamilcar and greg schmeg like this.
  22. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

Do ask us what you would like for your phone and we'll help. This phone isn't that hard to root or customize, and has a lot available for it.

ocnbrze, Doc and oamilcar like this.
  23. oamilcar

No need to apologize. I remember my first smartphone. I was like hum I don't like the way this phone looks there has to be a way to change it to my liking, that's when Google came handy to me. Started searching and reading till I found this site AF where there is lots of friendly ppl willing to help others unlike others sites. Took me about a month to make up my mind if I really wanted to do anything to my lit phone @ the time. Cuz I was so confused. Long story short. Now I can tell you I can customize my phone to my liking. And I bet you once you start modding your phone, you will never stop adding and deleting stuff.

Please feel free to ask anything. Your questions may help other as well. Now take a :beer: and make this site useful to you as well.

ocnbrze and Doc like this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews