• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [GUIDE]Easy Root Method - Works w/ B10 update! 1/28/2013

I cannot get this to work. I don't have the public version, its the boost. It goes through the process and tells me to reboot and enjoy, but when I test it after reboot with root checker, it isn't rooted. I had the same issue with the previous one click method. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Look in your app drawer.... Is SuperUser in there? If it is, your rooted. Download an app like Titanium Backup... first thing it asks for when you open it is superuser permission.

If its's not, redownload and try again. Be sure to follow directions about wiping data and factory reset.

Reactions: djwell
Upvote 0
@djwell.... make sure you delete the old zip of recovery and download the zip file you want. I personally still use the CWM-recovery. Make sure you don't mess with anything while it's downloading, no text messages or phone calls....

boot your phone into recovery.... volume rocker pressed up and power, until you see the little top hat.

wipe cache partition
advanced- wipe dalvik cache
Back to first screen-- wipe data/factory reset

Install zip from sdcard, find the file you downloaded and install. I usually wipe the caches again but not really necessary. Reboot.... give it a few minutes to reboot, usually takes about 5 minutes or so. Check the app drawer for SuperSU, if its there, you have root access!!

Mr Bobo posted this thread and came up with this way of rooting, if you have any other problems I would send him a PM and let him walk you thru it. Most of the guys (and women) here are more than happy to help you out!! Good Luck and let us know what happens!! Good or bad!! Hope this helps.

**EDIT** Its been so long since I've been on stock.... Im not sure the dalvik cashe will show or not, but once you get root and decide to start flashing roms you'll be doing this so keep it in mind!

Upvote 0
Followed your instruction to a tee to include dalvik cashe. Everything is back to factory settings, but it still says that its not rooted. My girlfriend has the same phone and it worked perfectly. Any ideas? One thing that was very different from your instructions, it did not take 5 mins to reboot? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
This might be the problem but Im not positive. You'll have to hit Mr Bobo up on this....

Build Number
N860V1.0.0B08

It might only work with OB08C.... but like I said Im not positive. That's the only thing I can think of. Check ur gf's phone and see if they're different. Other than that I have no idea.... Sorry man! Hit Mr. Bobo up and see what he says. Good luck!!

Upvote 0
When I try to download the files it just keeps failing. I JUST got this phone today so I havent done anhthing to it. I made sure I checked the "download from unknown sources".

Could be a browser problem, try a different browser, or try and put the file on your sd card with a card reader and your pc.:)

Or plug in your phone to the pc turn on usb, download it to the sd card that way.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones