• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [GUIDE] Zte Warp swap (for extra RAM )

For some of you with problems getting the emulator to work, and busybox not being the answer. I don't have an answer for you because I didn't have the issue. But you could check that your file is in the system with an app like root explorer. Just open it and click on data, and you will find a file named swapfile there and it will be the size that you made your swap... That would will confirm that your swap is working since swapper 2 by default removes the file when swap isn't on

Reactions: UnknownUser1
Upvote 0
425754e5-7da5-7cf8.jpg

Upvote 0
For some of you with problems getting the emulator to work, and busybox not being the answer. I don't have an answer for you because I didn't have the issue. But you could check that your file is in the system with an app like root explorer. Just open it and click on data, and you will find a file named swapfile there and it will be the size that you made your swap... That would will confirm that your swap is working since swapper 2 by default removes the file when swap isn't on

Thanks for the tip thats what i had to do iv had busybox issues with this rom for a while and im not sure why but im too stuborn to change it i dont feel the need to ditch a good thing but the swap works awsome i do notice things loading and running faster

Upvote 0
That's just part of it. More than speed. You should never ever get a random reboot while using it. It will improve the way your phone acts while doing things simultaneously... I tried oc by itself last night, and couldn't use swap with it.. Oc doesn't compare to it. But I believe when the 2 are put together it will be a huge performance boost

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
I had issues getting the Terminal Emulator command working myself. I'd type in "Free" and get an "unknown command", response. After failing to reinstall Busybox 1.19.4 after numerous attempts, i opted to try Busybox 1.19.3 and it installed without a flaw. I rebooted, tried the Terminal command again and found it operational. It read out my RAM and I happily looked down at a Swap reading of 262140. Hopefully this might solve some of your issues!

Note: I'm running n00b IV

Reactions: SelfElevated2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones