1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] Help, calls go directly to voicemail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alpha2k, Jan 14, 2014.

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Symptom: most every call in goes to voicemail. No ringing or anything, just a connect, then the you have reached said phone number message.

Curious as to if I inadvertantly messed a setting up or a rom I flashed went haywire.
    I first noticed this on cm11....I tried jdsingles mk5 stock rom and I'm now on the latest moar rom. Same symtoms.

What puzzles me though is, why does a phone call slip through. I can have say 3 people call 10 times each and of those I MIGHT get incoming 1 maybe 2 of those times.

So does this sound more like:
    -a rom
    -a setting I messed up
    -a hardware physically issue
    -or a network issue?

Everything else on the phone works fine. I can call out, send and recieve texts, even get voice mail after the missed incoming call.

I have until friday if it is a hardware thing.

My net speeds are same as always...nothing has changed except for not getting incoming calls.

I've done all the normal factory reset and wipes as I always do, Even formatted the extendable sd and the internal as well.
    I an currently on moars with no apps except android forums app..... Nothing else. Still have the issue.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. bob-st

bob-st Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    This is a common problem if Sprint is upgrading the tower(s) in your area.

mydian likes this.
  3. smith058

smith058 Android Expert
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    SoCal
    Dial *720
    It cancels call forwarding... might be your problem.
    If that don't work try update profile from options menu.
    gl

4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Apr 8, 2012
    Male
    2-Way Radio Repair Technician
    Chicagoland
    It could be a network issue. Is it only happening in one area? Maybe try going somewhere else and have someone call you. Sometimes my phone will be sitting on my desk at work and I get a new voice mail but the phone never rang. I blame it on the network when it happens.

5. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I think I finally fixed it. It took some in depth doing, but it seems to work now.

Spent about 1/2 hr on the phone with tier 2 boost tech support, was a very good experience with that call, surprisingly from boost mobile.

But I tried all sorts of things IE ##7xxx# then reboot and redoing activation again etc....also did the *720 a couple or three times, didn't help any....we finally went into something else and put in my phone number in one area and another phone number or id as he called it in the other, although it looked oddly like a phone number.

I wish I could remember the # number he said to type in the keyboard so I could fix that again if it ever happens.

I have no clue really what cause it...only thing I can think of is a rogue app went haywire on me and it really went deep in the system....because it was a real pain to track down.

I had thought it was CM11 casing this, but I guess Iw as wrong again....I am back on cm11, and it's working smooth as ever, and evertything is jsut snappy and flashy.

Two questions:

1: Anyone by chance know the area to get in to add those to numbers.....the # numbers to use? it's like #464# or something can't remember to save my life lol.

2: Kinda off topic but I'm gonna throw it in anyways.......I kinda got used to MOAR rom, but had a bad issue with one of the tweaks that were built into the rom.....it set off a systemUI loop that wouldn't quit.....but unlike the epic 4g touch I had, this s3 seems WAY more customization, and given that fact I don't think I'd be so against using TW if it had some options to it.
    Wanman is a nice mod, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest a TW rom that has a few added tweaks, but not overly saturated with a lot of modding. Revolt is nice and all but wow it has just WAY to many options for me, and some of it is redundant really because it has like 2 mods that do the exact same thing. To me it starts getting like bloatware if there are TO many mods or settings.

6. bob-st

bob-st Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 30, 2010
    Some of the ## codes for the Transform Ultra.

7. cwhatever

cwhatever Life Goes On
    None

Mar 4, 2012
    Male
    Master Technician
    south central fla
    I got a text from boost saying they were upgrading and it might affect us but it was for the good in the long run. Maybe that was the problem and now it is working for you again now. Just letting you know what was sent out by them.

bob-st likes this.