1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [Boost Mobile] HELP! Need to root Tri-Band SPH-L710T after OTA latest update (L710TVPU0AO3)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by morro, Feb 26, 2015.

1. morro

morro Well-Known Member

Hello! I would like to know if its possible to re-root or root SPH-L710T after last update. I was rooted, went back to stock took the update and now I can't get root. Well, I tried to flash Philz recovery but it didn't work, it shows DEVICE STATUS "CUSTOM" but I'm still in stock recovery. I used Odin to flash Philz, maybe I'm doing something wrong or It's not possible yet to root with the new update. Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Advertisement

LordRich likes this.
  2. Gendo420

Gendo420 Android Enthusiast

Which version of Philz did you use? Did you put it in the PDA slot in Odin? Did it say success or failure? You could try unchecking A. Reboot, and when it finishes flashing, pull the battery and manually go into recovery and select (re)root

3. pOsSuM72

pOsSuM72 Android Enthusiast

OK you need to Odin TWRP first then pull battery then back into Odin then Odin philz.This works took me a day to figure it out.Backup once your into philz your good to go.

morro likes this.
  4. pOsSuM72

pOsSuM72 Android Enthusiast

Not sure why but rite now only way philz sticks.

5. Yes I contacted Samsung about this issue I was about to update but was unsure..... Does it give 4.4.4 or 5.0 do you know what it did? If you could tell me that that would be great. There are some stock nf4 tars but I don't know if you can downgrade.

6. Not trying to hijack the thread I am just curious.

7. morro

morro Well-Known Member

Philz touch 6.48.4 I haven't try unchecking A. Rebbot. I will give it a shot. Thanks

8. morro

morro Well-Known Member

I don't really know what the update is, I've heard is a security update. I'm still 4.4.2

9. Did you use d2lte version of philz?

10. Also do you have a triangle when you boot?

11. morro

morro Well-Known Member

Yes

12. morro

morro Well-Known Member

No triangle

13. I really don't know and as far as I am concerned Philz is the only one that works for the T

14. TWRP.. Might.... I don't know clockwork doesn't

15. morro

morro Well-Known Member

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm using Odin3 v3.04, is this the same as Odin TWRP?

16. morro

morro Well-Known Member

I see, so what's the lastest Philz recovery? I'm using 6.48.4

17. Let me check on that

18. That is the latest version

19. morro

morro Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll just have to try and see what happens

20. morro

morro Well-Known Member

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! I'M ROOTED AGAIN:D

ElwOOD_CbGp and pOsSuM72 like this.
  21. Hey I just got a notification to update my phone and I'm rooted should I do it? Truely I don't mind I lose root I mind if my phone hard bricks

22. morro

morro Well-Known Member

I tried to get the last update with root and nothing happens, no update, no brick. I'm no expert, I'm sharing my experience. Someone more experienced can confirm that

23. So how did you unroot? Before of course. But this is a samsung update not firmware

24. morro

morro Well-Known Member

I used Odin to flash the stock tar