• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] HELP! Need to root Tri-Band SPH-L710T after OTA latest update (L710TVPU0AO3)

Guys I have a question. I have a rooted l710t on OA3 that's has processes failing consistently. It has stock recovery still and I'm wanting to reflash a stock working rom. Actually it's my ex's phone and I'm trying to help get it back working properly. I have a good bit of experience with rooting and flashing, and I read every comment in this thread trying to decide the path to take. Idk which firmware is old or new. So what should I do to get it to stock, working condition? Preferably rootable with custom rec?

Upvote 0
But its limited!!!! Read the small print. I pay 60$ unlimited no throttling speeds. With my hotspot hack its no 8gb cap n absolutely unlimited n free.... j/s. I use my hotspot for everything. I would kill 8gb in a few hrs!
Not to be "that guy" but, that's why the network gets so jacked up and why they are so strict on data. Data hogs is the term they use.
I prefer my 100 Mbps WiFi. But when I leave the house I want my data to work well.
That being said, I would never pay extra for tethering. Why pay for the same data twice? But I also wouldn't destroy the network by running everything in my house off of it.
Soon sprint will make their network like metropcs. There is almost no way to tether a computer. Metro blocks any device you tether besides androids or iphones. Blocks torrents, and basically anything useful. Data hogs will be the end of all useful tethering. 8 GB in a few hrs? Geez.

End speech. Lol :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats just stupid! Cause i have a working hotspot and crack subscribing... im messing up a network lmao!!! The point of this rooting goes against security of the bootloader... and your saying im wrong. Well you my friend if ever rooted n hack'd you device your just as bad ;) end of discussion ;) data hog lmao ::thumbs up..
You should still get some real WiFi instead of slamming a mobile network trying to run your whole house on it. If you think that doesn't bring a mobile network to its knees, well...
I truly believe we should all get mobile hotspot free with our service, because paying for the same data twice is insane.
But not to abuse it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones