1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] How many people use a screen protector vs not

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alpha2k, Aug 28, 2014.

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert

I use a zag screen protector but I seem to have issues with it getting all dirtied up for some reason. I've only had this for like 6mo and it's dark in a lot of places now so it is really annoying. I'm not good at putting on screen protectors of any kind so I really need to have someone else put them on.
    I've read and heard the touch sensor gets worn out over time and a screen protector can help with that so that brings me to my question of those that don't use one how long have you been without a screen protector and have you had any issues with the touch screen sensor stuff at all, stuff like having to press harder on the screen and such.

Advertisement

2. steelyus1

steelyus1 Well-Known Member

Tech armor!

3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Tech Armor.

steelyus1 likes this.
  4. djdrma

djdrma Well-Known Member

I don't put anything on there.

5. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I use the one that's built into the Otterbox Defender.

6. MellonHed

MellonHed Newbie

LifeProof frē

7. unotlikeme

unotlikeme Android Enthusiast

i dont use any. i mean its gorilla glass so unless u got a pocket full of nails your good my screen is perfectly fine. no hard touches to get things to work or delays and no scratches at all.

8. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

It's true that Gorilla Glass is very strong but a phone can still get very fine scratches from sand, dust, and everyday grit your phone comes in contact with. Over a period of time those fine scratches will accumulate and affect the display.

Take a phone which is several months old and look at the screen from a side view while in the light and you can see those fine scratches I'm referring to.

I live in a desert climate and the dust and sand are insane. A screen protector is a must for me. I've only changed the screen protector 3 times since I purchased my phone last year. I have to admit that it's nice seeing an immaculate screen and phone each time I take a screen protector and case protector off. It'll make a difference in the price I'm able to get for it if I ever decide to sell it too. :D

9. techmanc

techmanc Well-Known Member

I think it depends where I use my phone which is mainly at home these days so I prefer not using the screen protector. It seem to have clearer picture without one but that just my opinion and I thought when i removed the cover I had been using better touch response .