• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] How to copy boot partition?

marke123

Nov 5, 2011
Anyone know how to copy the boot partition on a ZTE phone?

The info I'm finding out there for copying the boot image on Android in general doesn't appear to work on this particular phone, probably because ZTE does things a little differently.

Any clues for me?

If someone wants to run romdump and send me the files it produces I should be able to build a clockwork of recovery image fairly easly...

hey im getting the phone very soon so if i get it and no-one has given you the rom dump contact me and i will glady work with you on that:cool:

I setup SDK on my windows 7 64bit laptop and I can not get the romdump to work I have tried it several times. I have even tried the terminal app and it always states that i dont have permission. Any help would be great.:eek:

EDIT****I GOT IT TO WORK****

Upvote 0
I got the error when i ran the last command "/data/local/romdump" thats when the errors show up but yes i ran them in that order.

what was the exact error you got?

part of the issue is that it would seem the root method your using is not 100%.. I will upload a better version for you in the next hour or so...

for those who feel the need to expirment

Upvote 0
what was the exact error you got?

part of the issue is that it would seem the root method your using is not 100%.. I will upload a better version for you in the next hour or so...

for those who feel the need to expirment

The error kept stating that it coul not create the folder for romdump. I fiquered out the I had the usb mass storage on when I tried it. ;)

When I ran it again it only gave me the three files in the romdump folder but while it was dumping it stated it dump all five files.:mad:

And that would be great if you could post a better root method. Dont get me wrong I do appricate the effords of Interdpth and others to get us root at all.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones