• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] How to use your camera LED on the ZTE Warp as a flash!! [Free] (Updated)

In this post I will show you how to use your ZTE Warp's camera LED as a flashlight in less then 3 minutes with no computer.

Things You Need:
1. A ZTE Warp with an internet connection (WiFi,3g,or 1x)
2. Play Store
3. Less then 1mb of free space
4. A brain

1. First open up google play store
2. Then type in the search bar "rootdim" (Without Quotations).
3. Now download and install the app.
4. Afterwards open the app up after it's installed.
5. Now click on "Other Lights"
6. Select "Flashlight" and then click "On" to turn the flashlight on or click "Off" to turn the flashlight off.

If I helped click the thanks button!

Also here's a small video tutorial for n00bs
Sorry for the bad quality:

http://youtu.be/VMq6PQsTV9k/

Update:

This is confirmed to be working in the following roms:
. Cyanoid 1.0
. n00b V
. Essential colors
. Warp OEM
. Windows Phone 7 rom v4.1

Please let me know if your on another rom so I can add the rom name to the support list.
Thanks!!

The rootdim will not download to this phone, message says not compatable.

This works great on icon rom. If you have a launcher with an activities menu (like adw) you can have a one click flashlight. Just Longpress in your desktop, select activities, select rootdim, select flashlight and Viola you have a one click flashlight. Click on click off. Two clicks lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones