• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Hroark's Warp Kernel Source

hroark13

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2011
ZTE is not going to release working kernel source code for our phone, so I decided to make it

This thread is not about ZTE releasing working source
This thread is not about ZTE's broken source code that they did release

This thread is about the kernel source code I am providing

This thread is about getting this source 100 percent working

This thread is about adding options like Overclocking and stuff like that to my code

This thread is for advanced users, developers, and those who want to learn

Please lets keep this thread clean, and keep it on topic, so that others will want to read it and learn

Please do not post thank you posts, they make the thread too long, just click the thank you button and the rating stars

So what I have done is taken the ZTE N850 (Fury aka Sean) 2.6.35.11 and ZTE Blade Plus source code, and modified it to work with the N860 (Warp aka Arthur)

Everything seems to be working good, except the LCD wake issue on newer phones that have the Tianma LCD Panel, but the older phones should be OK and the Headset Audio issue

Of course the real test will be when others load the kernel on their phones (I can only do so much testing)

I have uploaded the code to github

Fury Mod (2.6.35.11)
https://github.com/hroark13/WARP_KERNEL

Blade Plus Mod (2.6.35.7)
https://github.com/hroark13/WARP_KERNEL_26357

I am also providing a test kernel (CWM Flash-able), for those that do not want to compile, if you have a newer phone with the Tianma Panel (like me) you will want to wait until this issue is resolved. I hope some of you can help with that particular issue

http://www.mediafire.com/?gud897y47sf15kr

If using the Fury source or kernel there are two needed WiFi modules that I don't have the source for, so we need to use the pre-built ones

They are located on github and in the test kernel

If you use the Blade Plus source or kernel, you can use the stock WiFi modules

If I have helped you, and you like my work, please click on the Thanks Button and give my thread a rating by clicking on the stars above.

If you would like to buy me a coffee, you can click on the PayPal button

edit the Makefile to point to the location of your arm-eabi-4.4.3 folder

like this
Code:
ARCH        ?= arm 
CROSS_COMPILE    ?= /home/hroark13/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/arm-eabi-
open terminal

For the 2.6.35.11

Code:
cd WARP_KERNEL 
make mrproper
cp warp_config .config
make ARCH=arm
For the 2.6.35.7

Code:
cd WARP_KERNEL_26357
make mrproper
cp newconfig .config
make ARCH=arm
after a while you should get a zImage in arch/arm/boot

you will need to pack that zImage with a ramdisk

see my packer thread

Warp Kernel Packer

Upvote 0
Since ZTE will not help us

I was wondering if someone with better social skills than myself could contact Tianma, and see if they would be willing to help us.

If you talk to there tech people and point them to my git, maybe they can help

Tianma Microelectronics -

I emailed them for you

Hello, I am writing you today about possibly getting some help with an issue we are experiencing with a product that contains drivers made by your company. That product being the ZTE Warp. I was curious if you would be able to take a look at the kernel source that was provided by a fellow member Hroark of http://www.androidforums.com he has uploaded the modified source to the github repo. It would be greatly appreciated if we could get the source for your driver or some much needed input to solve our issue, (screen wake) concerning your driver

The github is located here https://github.com/hroark13/WARP_KERNEL

Thank you in advance, Sincerely Michael

Upvote 0
can you elaborate, does it boot ?

It booted,then when status bar finished loading,the phone froze.i pulled battery butphone got stuck in bootloader,pulled bat again and went to cwm,advance restore data,the phone was ok,i went to forums seen your edit,i didnt think i was still on your kernel so i checked wifi,error,restored,installed again phone booted and lasted about? A good min. Then froze again.so i restored i didnt try advance restore data the second time to run it, i dont really use the wifi so if you want me to try that again,if it works, i can test it longer

Reactions: prmax and hroark13
Upvote 0
I running good but no vibrate on keypress on keyboard. And calls dont work can make and recieve calls just cabt hear

I am having the same issue

every time I did a test call I put the phone on speakerphone and it worked

my phone is not activated, when I test call I just hear the Boost guy

I am not sure why I did not test phone using the head set

I do not think this should be too hard to fix

Reactions: Rally 517
Upvote 0
i don't have any screen wake issues, only issue i have with this kernel is the headset speaker not working. other then that this kernel works perfect on my phone

Maybe the rpc_server_handset.c file has something to do with the handset speaker, the file in the N850 source was a bit smaller then the one from the warp source. so i replaced it. im going to look into the issue with the handset speaker

Reactions: hroark13
Upvote 0
i don't have any screen wake issues, only issue i have with this kernel is the headset speaker not working. other then that this kernel works perfect on my phone

Maybe the rpc_server_handset.c file has something to do with the handset speaker, the file in the N850 source was a bit smaller then the one from the warp source. so i replaced it. im going to look into the issue with the handset speaker

i have been working on this issue for a couple of days, and it is kicking my butt

i should have never said it would be an easy fix, I jinxed myself

i hope you are able to figure it out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones