• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] I can't get my MSL code using aLogcat or the CDMA Worshop tool....

Cldormer

Lurker
Dec 13, 2011
So I watched the youtube video on getting your MSL code using aLogcat. I've tried several times to get the number with no luck. Everytime I open up aLogcat after dialing in ##3282# nothing happens just a blank screen and a message says- Reading logs, please wait.

I can go in the Preferences and adjust the:

Level?
Format?
Buffer?

Changing the settings will get some logs to show up but when I run a filter using "code" or "MSL" still nothing.

I also tried using the CDMA Workshop Tool, but I don't know how to put the Warp in DM mode so the tool can read the phone's information.

If anyone can help me out I'd really like to get the MSL code so I can try speeding up the 3G on the phone. Thanks from a newb...

This was very helpful. The previous instructions I'd read didn't get me anywhere, but with this the MSL popped right out.

Actually, that's not quite true. I'd messed around with a lot of filters and various settings in aLogCat, and the first time I tried to follow the video instructions I didn't see anything. Then I thought about the fact that the guy in the video started with a fresh aLogCat install. I didn't see any purpose in actually reinstalling, but I went to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications, force stopped aLogCat, and cleared its data. That did the trick, and I've got my MSL code.

Upvote 0
Even simpler if your phone is rooted. Grab a terminal emulator for your phone start the application. Type su and the enter key looks like a 90 degree arrow on swype keyboard. Wait for the # then type: getprop ril.MSL the code is case sensitive so type it exact it will in return spit out your 6 digit msl for you.

Actually I just tried on a rooted warp and all it did was give me a blank line instead of code. But the above works on the prevail and transform ultra.

Upvote 0
Even simpler if your phone is rooted. Grab a terminal emulator for your phone start the application. Type su and the enter key looks like a 90 degree arrow on swype keyboard. Wait for the # then type: getprop ril.MSL the code is case sensitive so type it exact it will in return spit out your 6 digit msl for you.

Actually I just tried on a rooted warp and all it did was give me a blank line instead of code. But the above works on the prevail and transform ultra.

Same here. Too bad. But at least the aLogCat method shown in the video works reliably.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones