1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] I Gotta Ask a Question about the "SUPER ROM"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sb43, Dec 18, 2012.

1. sb43

sb43 Android Expert

I know that all of you are gonna spank me hard, but I've got to ask.
    All of you DEVS, Kernel builders, so on and such have SO MUCH talent!
    And I also know that all of you work together and communicate back and forth in building your individual ROMS,
    Have you all thought about "ALL OF YOU" getting together, and building the most bad ass rom there is?
    I know everybody has something different they want to keep and such.
    That given, What about the most powerful, bad ass, coolest lookin ROM this android community has ever seen!
    Each of you have built some really great ROMS, and there is a little something in all of your different ROMS that really appeal to "me". But the bottom line is POWER, SPEED, and CONNECTIVITY!
    Not complaining, just wondering. You guys are the best, and to take this little cheap phone and turn it into a monster! AWESOME!! My hat's off to all of you, and thank you so much.
    And while I'm rambling, why is it, that I have scourer ed the internet, and nobody has a section devoted to the ZTE WARP, it's ROMS, development and super powers, other than our little section of cyberspace here.
    It's a shame, this little phone has so much more potential.
    Like I said in another post somewhere. I hope one day, I cans say, " Warp set on STUN, and ZZZZAAAAP.... Goodbye Mr. Spock, Now Scottie,... BEAM ME UP!" lolololol

aaanadie and ToRro12 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator

Hey, I'm up for it! Let the collaboration begin!

3. Manodedios

Manodedios Android Enthusiast

Wasn't glitch supposed to be the rom to end all Roms?

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

4. drewhill77

drewhill77 Android Enthusiast

Lol you mean Project Yoshi?

5. Manodedios

Sorry. Yoshi

6. mercury0x000d

It's a shame it died, it looked pretty cool.

It would also be awesome to make our own hardware-specific ROM, kinda like Cyanogen works, but only for the Warp :)

7. Smoothkaos

Smoothkaos Android Expert

Project Yoshi only died because it's VERY difficult to get all dev's together consistently. Sounds great, I know, but when a dev gets busy it snowballs down to the other devs having to do more and then the next dev gets tired of doing all the work and drops off, etc etc etc. It can be done but takes complete dedication and honest, open communication by all parties involved. Ambition only serves when it's 100% supported by all.

On a positive note, if our dev's can do it they will have one helluva ROM guaranteed!

Manodedios and LilBit like this.
  8. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

I know, I've begged them to do it,:( get together that is. But everyone is prolly busy with their own Rom, Kernel, etc. :mad: Can't blame them though.:smokingsomb: I'm moving on soon, The warp is a great phone, especially now, but without at least ICS, we are in the boondocks.:( I'm leavin the country, and venturing out into the big city.;)

9. Smoothkaos

Smoothkaos Android Expert

I too have been looking and don't blame you because I see things the same way as you. Plus, I've had to fight my Warp every step of the way because it's a dumbie lol. It's been good to me though and I still love it but because I get bored easy it's about to find a new home I think. I'm looking at the LG Venice right now. It has 4.0, looks freaking awesome, has a front cam and the price is only $180. Probably gonna wait about another month or two though.

10. PsyMega

PsyMega Android Expert

Hey I say we do it again. But see I ACTUALLY am serious as a heart attack. I think a team rom could do wonders.

11. Manodedios

You may want to hold off on the. Venice. Reviews are behind bad. I'm talking 1.5 stars out of 5 type of bad.

I am half considering switching to the T-Mobile $30 4g plan using the LG optimus l9.

12. mercury0x000d

Bit's leaving us?! This can't be!

I hope you enjoy the trip, and I wish you safety in your travels. :flybye:

And moreover... have fun! :)

13. LilBit

It wont be till next year sometime. :)

And congrats again on the GREEN

14. LilBit

Go for it guys!!! For real!!

15. i2f

i2f Android Enthusiast

Just make sure to check the android forums before you buy a phone. For me, the phone has to be rootable and maybe have clockwork mod.

16. PsyMega

PsyMega Android Expert

I am dead serious lol, Don't know if anybody else is.

17. PsyMega

PsyMega Android Expert

Dang, I don't know how serious you are, I still say we do it. Make a team rom. I can't get it off my mind.

18. LilBit

If you guys pull this off your gonna be hero's!!:adore: :DEveryone wants it, everyone has been waiting for it.:banghead: Lots of people said they could do it.:listen: So far, all I see is Talk.:argh::dontknow::motz:

19. drewhill77

drewhill77 Android Enthusiast

Some time after the first of the year I'm supposed to be promoted to a position working less hours and getting home much earlier. Once that happens I'll be happy to join up. I've a few ideas I was working on in my own rom before I got side tracked by my flash manager utility ;)

20. mercury0x000d

Thanks! I still do a double-take when I see it lol

21. mercury0x000d

I totally agree! Finding this forum and seeing all the advances that were being made in the community is how I decided to buy my Warp :)

22. mercury0x000d

Quite serious! Dibs on scripting and boot screen making :p

Sounds good!

So what do you guys say we wait until January and then start hashing out some plans? That'll give me time to (hopefully) wrap up WarpOEM 1.55 and Drew time to settle into his new job :)

LilBit likes this.
  23. LilBit

Let's do this thing!!!!:thumbup: I'll be the cheerleader for you guys!!:girl::star::rock:

24. PsyMega

PsyMega Android Expert

Lol

Sure thing we should have 2 themers. ( I think) but that will probably not be hard to find as I would like to be one, I could do some good ol' tweaking and various other stuff. Mercury lol, I think ( If its not to much) you should do sounds to.

25. Dm47021

Dm47021 Android Expert

I must say, iam quite bored with the regular Copy and paste Roms. Ive been building everything from source anymore. i have built cm7, cm9, cm10, Aosp 2.3.5, Aosp 2.3.7, Miui. Kernel after Kernel Lol.

Ill Take Dibs On Kernel And Some other Core elements.

Damn.. Now to think up a new kernel...wtf lol

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews