1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] I wiped my operating system anything i can do?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harjodh_singh, Dec 27, 2012.

1. harjodh_singh

harjodh_singh Member

I installed easyroot twrp but it wasn't working properly so i tried to restore it to stock without reading the directions on this site and I wiped out my operating system. I had tried to make a back up beforehand but although it said the back up was successful there was also an error message concerning the sd mount. That error was preventing me from unzipping the warp cream sandwhich rom, or any other program. That's why I wanted to restore it to stock and then install the clockwork root. I have a boost mobile warp.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Which phone have you got? The rooting and flashing method will be different by model.

3. harjodh_singh

harjodh_singh Member

I have the zte warp

4. lunatic59

Okay .... I'm going to move this to the ZTE Warp - All things root forum where you can get the right information from other Warp owners. You should also read the sticky there.

you might also want to watch this.

5. MrBobo

MrBobo Android Expert

If you can't get your sd card mounted, you may need to format your sd card (make a backup to your pc first). Then you could use the easy root zip to get custom recovery, then you could install a custom rom from there... or you could skip the middle step and just flash my rom from stock recovery (n00b). That will do it all in one step (root, cutsom rom, custom recovery).

6. mac42

mac42 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to fix permissions.

PsyMega likes this.
  7. harjodh_singh

harjodh_singh Member

I did some experimenting of my own and i chose Partition Sd Card and now my sd card is recognized by twrp but how can i install a zip file to my sd card if I can't boot up my OS and turn on USB storage because currently my device is not recognized. There is no folder in the computer folder on my PC for me to drag a file to my sd card.

8. harjodh_singh

harjodh_singh Member

i just figured out how to mount usb storage in twrp. But how do i install a whole operationg system. links anyone? Does the shinjitsu rom count as a operating system i'll try and find out. Ok I tried that but it won't boot up past the red eye and glitch kernel screen. Help Please?

9. harjodh_singh

harjodh_singh Member

ok i installed the stock recovery zip and the shinjitsu rom booted up just fine. i called boost to unsuspend my service. and now everything appears fine but my data connection. i'm working on that now.

10. harjodh_singh

harjodh_singh Member

updated profile and everything is great but to think zte would have charged me to fix this simple problem. thanks android forum

MrBobo and lunatic59 like this.
  11. lunatic59

Glad you got things working again. Great job!

12. ronniekress25

ronniekress25 Lurker

how did you get an OS back on it again. I have the same problem and was using twrp. cant go past the redeye and alienware screen. FTM mode does nothing

13. harjodh_singh

harjodh_singh Member

This is what I did to solve my problem.
    1.boot twrp
    2. Partition SD card(this is because twrp wasn't reading my SD card. This solved my problem but it wipes all data on your card.)
    3.fix permissions
    4. in twrp mount USB
    5download shinjitsu ROM on PC
    6install ROM in twrp
    7reboot your phone twice( mine always freezes the first timeafter installation at the opening graphic)
    your phone should work. I've tried a few ROMs and I like Leviathan elegance the best for its equalizer and stock like browser.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews