1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] ics update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mholloway, Apr 14, 2012.

1. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

I heard android is comming out with a ics4.0 update,does anyone know about this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

warp isn't getting ICS officially. The only way you can see ICS on this phone is when hroark13 releases CM9 for this phone

3. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

Ok for what i heard to make along story short,a verision store salesman said Android is releasing ics 4.0 to all android phones within the next month,including the warp, again dont know if true.

4. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

ICS is coming to most post paid carriers.... we have boost... no ics for us... :'(
    Although there is a tiny chance that boost will have mercy on us and release it... but they will probably treat us like they did the prevail and only do it after they release and sale another ics phone... and again I do stress that this is a tiny chance

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

5. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

Ok,thanks for your replys i guess we have to wait for hroark and cm9

6. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

Yeah and it's dependent on boost because they are the ones that push the updates to the phone

7. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

Just a thought, using a regular sprint pcs phone on our boost plans wouldnt ....allow this to happen right? b/c regardless our service is still coming through boost...just thought maybe if i were to be using a sprint pcs phone and a sprint prl it might work..

8. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Not quite sure I understand your question

9. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I have already Compiled CM9 for the Warp

but it really does not work

I do not think I would be able to make CM9 unless I get working kernel source code

aaanadie and Table83 like this.
  10. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

i called boost and asked about ics for the warp and i was told that it was zte that pushes the ics update. i dont know if the customer rep. lady is full of 'it' i had to ask her a few times to get her to respond.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Two months later. Blah

12. mooseberry

mooseberry Well-Known Member

lol your a nice person

13. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

Lol

14. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Zte released a Chinese phone with ics and it is very similar to our warps... only difference is the screen size which is 4in... its called the N880e... maybe they will release ics for us considering that they released it for the Chinese variant

15. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

That would be nice

16. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Out of curiosity, could it be ported from that phone to ours? If its similar enough, RIL would need to be changed/fixed, kernel, and a few other things, correct? (I'm not a dev really, so I don't know too much about this stuff)

17. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Ive tried to get it to boot but haven't had any luck yet... I will look at it again in a few days but for now I'm done with it...

18. Prinny

Can't say I blame you...sometiems porting roms is a pain in the ass...I tried porting MIUI...and somehow ended up with a stock ROM o_O; Don't know how the hell I did that one....

19. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

LOL.... I swear that is the funniest thing I've heard all day

20. Prinny

Yeah, I laughed about it too, but because I was so damn CONFUSED. Sure, I was using a stock kernel...but somehow...all apps were stock...even though I deleted the /apps folder and replaced it with an MIUI /apps folder...>_> Though I think I was drinking that night, so who knows!

21. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Lol... when I tried porting the ics rom the kernel wouldn't work period... when I turned it on it just stayed at the splash screen with the red light still on... (usually the red light cuts off).... then I tried using our cm9 kernel and the light cut off but the rom wouldn't boot... I partly discontinued my efforts because my computer is too slow for Linux and I can't really do any kernel work on windows... ima see if I can swap out a few things in the rom and see if it boots

22. Prinny

Good luck man. Im taking a break from all this stuff xD its a lot of effort when you know nothing like i do o.o

23. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert

Lol... I don't know why everyone thinks I know so much.... I'm in the same boat as you... only thing I really know how to do is edit apks

24. Prinny

Yeah, its not easy. I can't edit apks. But i haven't tried, either. Looking at java hurts my head.

25. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Jet your talented you made a good ROM from what ive read you started with little to no experience and look at you now :D youve come a long way keep up the good work

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews