1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Info - how to get full signal (steady) and consistently fast 3g speeds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mhannah3333, May 10, 2012.

1. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

We need a way to do it from the phone or to flash one cuz i dont have pc access but id like to change to a sprint prl

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

Maybe someone could figure out a way to do it.. a couple of questions.. when you change your prl; where is it stored? And there is an entry for "prl" in build.prop... could it be changed that way?

3. uknow

uknow Android Enthusiast

Okay what is proixes and what does it do? And what is the benifit in deleting it?

P.s How do I get my spc code

And mhannah3333 if that would work that would be great becouse I'm in the same boat as unknownuser I have no PC any more,;(

4. mhannah3333

mhannah3333 Android Enthusiast

A proxy is a server that requests information from other servers... kinda like a third party. All of your browsing goes thru the proxy and possibly stored... who knows. I just dont want my browsing history stored in a remote server simewhere so i deleted mine. As far as increasing yiur speed; web pages might load a few miliseconds faster since you dont have to go thru another server.
    I think theres a thread for obtaining your spc in the "all things root guide". I used the alogcat method. It was the fastest and easiest for me.

uknow likes this.
  5. Manodedios

Manodedios Android Enthusiast

Yup i used the alogcat method as well pretty easy. While im a newbie on android i am a very good computer guy. It really helps to be computer savy :)

6. shadowdrow

shadowdrow Newbie

sprint prl ?
    how do i do that?
    will it work with boost mobile ?

7. Manodedios

Boost works off of sprints network, so instead of using Boosts towers, it uses sprints, which appear to be faster, atleast for me. results may vary

8. shadowdrow

shadowdrow Newbie

so how do i change it
    Step one. Change your prl ?

9. shadowdrow

shadowdrow Newbie

man i am such a noob !!

10. Manodedios

Im on my phone now so i dont have the links for the threads but you first need to find your spc aka your msl code.... you could call boost and try to convince them to tell you or you could search the forums for instructions how to use alogcat (dl from the play store)......oncd you have that you need tosearch forums to find out how to change you prl.....all i did was search the forums for answers :)
    Try a search for dfs cdma tool
    This is the program i used to change my prl....it wasnt hard but its not for the faint of heart either.... i am very comfortable with computers which helps tremendously if your afraid of modifing your registry on your comp then you might not want to try this as that would be the equivalent on a pc (imo). ;)

11. cartersball

cartersball Android Enthusiast

Not sure where it is stored, but I know the build.prop value does not change when you swap PRL's via CDMA Workshop or DFS. I actually just tested this method by accident because I switched away from a Sprint Corporate PRL back to the one I had previously, and afterwards pulled up the build.prop in your ROM to glance it over and noticed it showed the stock Boost PRL of 61007.

mhannah3333 likes this.
  12. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Can I make a small note.

Be super careful in these programs. Like only flash a prl but make a backup of all your settings first.

mhannah3333 and cartersball like this.
  13. cartersball

cartersball Android Enthusiast

True, or your phone could end up getting parted out like poor nove had to do. The guide that was posted for dfs was very well written with pictures and I suggest anyone trying to change a prl use it and read carefully.

14. Tigatron

Tigatron Android Expert

Tis true. I'm experienced at flashing phones but I've still killed some (mostly LG)

15. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

My original thread prl information per region is still going strong everything being asked here, is answered there :).

mhannah3333 likes this.
  16. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

Hence why i no longer have a warp and is being taken apart as we speak. Funny thing is..i now have an LG that i bricked but was able to unbrick. (the Warp i was using dfs tool trying to diagnose an issue changed one nam value...shot..just changing prl alone usually is safe but you really must be careful since similar tools are used.

17. 00ffej

00ffej Member

Does flashing a new rom change your PRL back?

18. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

No you will have to change it manually

19. bricky

bricky Well-Known Member

As soon as i went to evdo only i couldn't receive texts or calls.don't know if it was a coincidence but the minute i changed back i git 19 texts from that day

20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

You're not alone, see above.

21. albanymike

albanymike Well-Known Member

I put all zeros where the Htt and all that witch is posted, then I changed the ip server and the browser ip address and 97% of the time 900kb or 700 kb or 1200 or 2100. I run all these at rush hour. 8-10am 6-10pm and thats what I get. yes I have all blue bars and on the 12th floor.

22. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

I spent an entire day setting up a windows laptop with all the software to do this, Put a logcat on the phone, all the stuff. Found my msl, learned the software to flash prl's all of it. Flashed different numbers of and on ALL DAY!!! No difference at all, As a matter of fact, my phone performed better with the prl assigned to it by Boost!!! 61009. This post is for info and data purposes only.

esparks004 likes this.
  23. eisawi99

eisawi99 Well-Known Member

how can i install the correct drivers for my phone i have a windows 7 64-bit pc and am currently a tester for a rom that has only been released to 3 people and the rom creator

24. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews