• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Is it possible to do this?

What ROM are you running? I stay clocked at 1804 without battery issues running Warp OEM 2.53 using SmartassV2 / SIO.

Ctmod 3.8

Using smartassv2 and sio. For me battery is impressive at 1 ghz, okay at 1.4, marginal at 1.6 and abysmal at 1.8 BUT that may be because if I've got the cpu set high it's because I'm doing something that's gonna use it to that level Lol. It was more off a convenience thing...like I rarely play games unless plugged in and a lot of times I launch some game and it's running poorly and I go "oh, right, still at 1ghz..."

Also as I've said before my warp over heats at 1.8 ghz after about 15 minutes if something is running to use it at 100 percent

Upvote 0
Gotcha. The battery has always been a weak spot for the Warp, especially when playing processor intensive games... To answer your original question, I don't know of any way to do that without writing some code... Maybe by adding an intent to the manifest and going from there? Maybe someone with a little more experience will chime in... I did see something that might help on XDA, although I haven't tried it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2000609

Upvote 0
I use an app called autostarts which stops background processes from boot of your choice. This paired with lbe privacy guard which stops a lot of unwanted internet connectivity and unwanted permission scars access this reducing many processes. I also keep 3g and Wi-Fi off unless I use browser or need access. auto our low brightness screen settings. This isn't as much maintenance as it sounds and significantly reduces battery usage. For me almost double. I was running ct as well.

Upvote 0
Reactions: anmire and LilBit
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have the battery from my first warp which I only used for three months and I keep as a backup. I tHink this battery is okay though. I've been Running on battery with moderate usage for 5 hours and I'm at 45 percent. Moderate meaNing Wi-Fi on, web surfing, music, and one episode of mythbusters lol. Screen brightness set to auto. Airplane mode as I havE no cell service lol. I have battery monitor widget and it shows me how many milliaMps I'm using.

So overall I'm not to unhappy with the battery, but if I crank it to 1.8 and play a game my battery widget will show usage of over 150 percent per hour lol. Where as now at 1 ghz and posting this message I'm showing 8 percent per hour.

Upvote 0
Okay so any cpu setting above 1.4 kills my battery...in fact on battery I usually keep it set at 1024... it's there any way or app to auto set 1024 when running on battery and 1.6ghz when plugged in?

There sure is! A simple init.d script could be made to do the job. The functionality would basically be just an extension of PowerNap. :)

Reactions: Blyss
Upvote 0
This works awesome! It's actually really powerful. You can set profiles by charging state, battery level, running apps and a lot more. Thanks guys!
screenshot-1372177263840_zps111ba3fc.png

Reactions: anmire and LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones