• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Just some things on my mind.

Dm47021

Android Expert
Nov 26, 2011
coloma mi
iam starting to notice here and there within the online community, not just AF, but in general people pretending to be devs or pretending to have something they dont. or to have made something they have no knowledge of.

I just want to say this. and i think it really sums up the purpose of communities like this at its core.

We are not here to win a popularity contest.
sure recognition is nice, but like anything else in life. you have to work for it.
We are here because we all love our android phones. the Warp especially, and we would like to improve our phones and push them to their full potentials or gain extra functionality, customize a look. so on. we are here to help eachother.

So i see it like this, If you can/want to help with something. dont be afraid to speak up about it.

On the other hand. if you have a question. dont be afraid to ask me or annother member. iam sure we will glad to help you.
thats the core of the community.

:)

I appreciate everything the Dev's and Themer's do for us. And I don't mind testing things before and or after they are ready. What gets me is when a dev or themer doesn't come back and support their work, like say, putting out a rom or theme and pretty much saying here it is take it or leave it problems and all.

Yes, I know we flash this stuff at our own risk. But a little help when someone runs into a problem is always a good thing. Not everyone walks away, some devs stick with us all the way through thick and thin. And for that, I, for one, am even more grateful!!

And for some of the dev's that just kinda walk away??? Well, Thanks for the rom, theme, app, whatever, but in the end. NO THANKS!!

Upvote 0
From my perspective... I'm still pretty new to this forum but i feel the competition aspect more than the community aspect... i agree with this thread you started dm47021 it's all about working together... lets not forget that android is Linux based and thats what Linux is all about... Peace and love fellow hippies :p

Edit: lets not forget that unfortunately the zte warp is getting pushed out of the way slowly and the devs are rare for this device these days.... It's not there fault it's just the way it goes...

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
I appreciate everything the Dev's and Themer's do for us. And I don't mind testing things before and or after they are ready. What gets me is when a dev or themer doesn't come back and support their work, like say, putting out a rom or theme and pretty much saying here it is take it or leave it problems and all.

Yes, I know we flash this stuff at our own risk. But a little help when someone runs into a problem is always a good thing. Not everyone walks away, some devs stick with us all the way through thick and thin. And for that, I, for one, am even more grateful!!

And for some of the dev's that just kinda walk away??? Well, Thanks for the rom, theme, app, whatever, but in the end. NO THANKS!!

Ouch! :p

Upvote 0
I really have no desire to compete with anyone, I just want my phone to work better. I do see a lot of competition and unneeded drama here. I just skip over those posts/threads. That's also why I don't post here often and sometimes come off like a dick, I don't want to be a part of it.

Upvote 0
I really have no desire to compete with anyone, I just want my phone to work better. I do see a lot of competition and unneeded drama here. I just skip over those posts/threads. That's also why I don't post here often and sometimes come off like a dick, I don't want to be a part of it.

That's all any of us really want, our phones to work better.:)

Upvote 0

and Lilbit lol, iam glad you're okay after the storms.
but on that note: i havent given up on Infinity, just juggling projects. got a lot of things in the making that iam not allowed to speak of for the sake of sanity lol

Upvote 0
and Lilbit lol, iam glad you're okay after the storms.
but on that note: i havent given up on Infinity, just juggling projects. got a lot of things in the making that iam not allowed to speak of for the sake of sanity lol

Infinity will get done, when it get's done. We all know the dev's work on their own time schedule:) And I moved several hundred miles inland to another state. Before the second storm hit.:)

Upvote 0
That's all any of us really want, our phones to work better.:)

Amen, sister. 'Cause you gotta admit... the stock Warp is a bit of a turd. :eek:

Infinity will get done, when it get's done. We all know the dev's work on their own time schedule:) And I moved several hundred miles inland to another state. Before the second storm hit.:)

Hmm... perhaps I'm speaking to a fellow Pennsylvanian now... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones