• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Kernel] Glitch Kernel (2.6.35.7) OC. 1.8ghz

No issues with 1.8 gHz kernel and Icon 2.0 I have tested the stock power widget, settings menu, and notification toggles. Just for giggles I left WiFi turned on and took phone out of range to make sure 3g picked up when WiFi signal dropped out and vice versa. No issues at all. I'll keep playing with it but 8 hours use is a pretty good indicator that things work well in that department with this ROM anyway.

Upvote 0
What settings are you using? I've been doing well using interactive and sio, but not that well. :) I keep mine set to 1.4 gHz, did have a profile for screen off but seemed to cause lag when screen came back on.
n00b VI
OCv0.6.6_1.4Ghz_8freq.zip
SetCPU:
Main: 768-122, ondemand, sio
Profiles:
battery > 45C <= 20%, 122-122, powersave, pri 100
battery > 40C <= 30%, 245-122, conservative, pri 95
battery <= 75%, 368-122, ondemand, pri 80
screen off, 245-122, conservative, pri 70
charging any, 1209-122, ondemand, pri 60

Reactions: kdraw44
Upvote 0
That's really weird. There shouldn't be any difference between pmi and boost as far as the kernel is concerned. Do you have set on boot selected? Because with 1.2 there is a script that sets the governor at boot. Try one of the betas in post 3

found the bug has nothing to do with the kernel... I apologize for wasting your time it was in fact due to the mods on my rom.... Very nice work and i love the flame splash...:)

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones