• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Kernel] Glitch Kernel (2.6.35.7) OC. 1.8ghz

Ok, I can confirm the wifi issue and that removing "video.accelerate.hw=1 " from build.prop fixes it...

thank you. I figured i couldn't be the only one.

So I've got a new mystery problem.
With the non oc kernel everything works great but when i flash the oc kernel I've got two problems that pop up.

1) Wifi finds the network in trying to connect to but it won't connect to it. It tries to connect (even tries to verify) then it drops off. Not once have I gotten wifi to connect and been able to use it.
I even took a long walk and tried on 3 other wifi spots.

2) Bluetooth connects and works great, however, it keeps asking for phonebook access every time I connect even though I checked the box for it to remember my selection.

I flash back to the beta copy of the oc kernel and the problems don't exist.

Is there anything that's incompatible with the kernel that may cause the problems? Or any ideas what between the beta copy and the one in the op may have changed that might cause this?

Smoothkaos had these same issues with my Rom and the new oc kernel and didn't have them with the non oc.

Upvote 0
Channel log:
V1.0
Added oc up to 1.6ghz
Retained swap and init.d from non oc
Removed ramzswap because of incompatibility
Coming soon:
V1.1
I/O schedulers bfq, deadline, vr and simple
Voltage changes for OC

Also coming soon, a proper write up for the kernel along with explanations on governors and schedulers.

I found this on xda.. its a good explanation on cpu governors

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856256

Explanation on i/o scheduling

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1817839

Reactions: LilBit and Krowbarr
Upvote 0
Well mine is based off hroarks, source is not yet gpl compliant. Because I do not have wifi at home to push it to my github. And it does have init.d support started in the init.rc in ramdisk

Isn't init.rc like the Android version of the DOS autoexec.bat? And is it the same for Linux as well?

Upvote 0
Has anyone had any issues with screen brightness after flashing this kernel?? I flashed OC kernel over Icon ROM 1.0.4 this morning and couldn't adjust the screen brightness, had to load my nandroid. After reloading the nandroid I made prior to flashing kernel all was well with screen brightness. Will test it out again, just wondering if anyone else has gone through this or seen it in any capacity before.

Upvote 0
I havent tried reflashing yet, but i find the sticky toggles issue in general can be worked around by turning off WiFi, rebooting, then enabling the setting before turning WiFi back on. I was out in the sun today and had to adjust my brightness to max, and that's when i discovered it wasnt sticking like the keyboard settings. Tried to Fix Permissions with no success.

What were your oc settings? Installed SetCPU only to verify it was running at 1600 Max and 122 Min
Governor OnDemand*
Min 122
Max 1600
Any profiles you had set ie screen off None Set
Was wifi on? WiFi on caused the sticky issues for me

Upvote 0
Has anyone had any issues with screen brightness after flashing this kernel?? I flashed OC kernel over Icon ROM 1.0.4 this morning and couldn't adjust the screen brightness, had to load my nandroid. After reloading the nandroid I made prior to flashing kernel all was well with screen brightness. Will test it out again, just wondering if anyone else has gone through this or seen it in any capacity before.

It is possible, what were your oc settings?
Governor
Min
Max
Any profiles you had set ie screen off
Was wifi on?

Please from now on can everyone use this template to report an error

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
It is possible, what were your oc settings?
Governor
Min
Max
Any profiles you had set ie screen off
Was wifi on?

Please from now on can everyone use this template to report an error

On demand
Screen On
Not 100% sure. My WiFi tends to turn itself on by itself even after I have turned it off in settings. Let's assume that it was probably on.

The Max and Min were from the profile. Normal max and min is 1612 and 122

Upvote 0

My brightness adjuster works fine on my end. Automatic brightness works and screen not dim.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones