• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Kernel] Glitch Kernel (2.6.35.7) OC. 1.8ghz

Upper left hand corner. Only a part of what the app does, a small part.
2012-09-23-22-37-12.png

Upvote 0
Yes, from sheer performance! LMAO! Phone is absolutely flying. I was considering the Galaxy S2 but I'm beginning to change my mind. :D

I hear you! I just flashed this over the kernel that I have in my ROM, and ZOMGWTFBBQPizza is it fast!! I thought it was fast before, but this? This is incredible. There's like no lag. None. ZERO lag within the silicon walls of my processor. This is one totally freakin' awesome piece of work :D

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I still would like to know some details on that swap system, though...

Oc uses normal swap...technically this does not add to your ram it just frees up ram by moving unused pages to swap till they're needed again...the non oc has ramzswap (compcache) which when scripted compresses unused pages to a ramdisk and can use swap backing

Upvote 0
Oc uses normal swap...technically this does not add to your ram it just frees up ram by moving unused pages to swap till they're needed again...the non oc has ramzswap (compcache) which when scripted compresses unused pages to a ramdisk and can use swap backing

I don't know if its a typo, but ramzswap compresses pages of memory to the physical ram. It is completely untested too. And to be honest I think there are other things missing that are needed

Upvote 0
I don't know if its a typo, but ramzswap compresses pages of memory to the physical ram. It is completely untested too. And to be honest I think there are other things missing that are needed

Not a typo...but perhaps I could've phrased it better lol. The primary difference between ramzswap and the newer version zram is that ramzswap has the ability to push its compressed pages to a swapfile/partition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones