1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] Kitkat issues with microsd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alpha2k, Jan 10, 2014.

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I think I saw this issue floating around, but it seems I have similar issues. I've tested this on multiple SD cards and get the same results.

When I make a folder, such as the name of an app, we shall call the folder "forums" without quotes of course.

Once I create it and hit OK, it's like the folder never got created. Could this be due to the folder being as hidden? Ie: the folder name is .Backups

The folders I am creating are under that.

So is this a Kitkat issue or something else

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    A filename (or folder name) starting with a . is hidden, so unless you have the app set to show hidden files, it won't show them.

It's not an issue, it's a Linux thing. (Actually a *nix thing.)

3. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    Sounds to me like you need to go in and change the settings in the file Explorer so that you give it root privilege. You should have the R/O setting (read only) and the R/W option (read write). It you don't give the file Explorer root privileges any folders you create won't stick and files you try to move won't move. This is the reason a rooted file Explorer is mandatory. I use Root Explorer. In the area of the phone that needs root privileges, it has a R/W R/O tab at the top. I just tap it to give me root access. :thumbup:

4. alpha2k

alpha2k Android Expert
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    Right but root Explorer see's the folder fine, I can even browse the files and execute the files. Where the problem comes in is making a new folder, sometimes it works other times it's as if I never even created a folder

It's something to do with Kitkat. I've been reading others with KK and having this same issue and
    it also gets affected in the PC side reading stuff as well as well as internal sd.

I'm not sure why or how, but it is like not re-scanning the sdcard, therfore it doesn't show what was just created, or moved, kinda like refresh is broken.

Once I un-mount the sd card, and re-mount it everything then gets seen as it is suppose to, the changes and all.....same goes for the phone internal. I have to re-scan it if I am changing or adding or deleting or creating folders before it gets noticed correctly.

Kinda annoying, but I'm trying to find a work around. We'll see how long I can hold out.
    Never noticed this before until now, but then again I wasn't doing much modifying or backing up stuff either.

The scanner apps out now for the lost part don't work with KK, and this is why I am guessing.....their having issues getting stuff to re-scan or scan period and it's a global issue it would seem.

I found a scanner that works for internal sd of this phone, but not the external yet. What would be ideal is if I could "pick" what drive to scan, all with 1 app that would have like a drop down, and let me pick said drive then scan.

This issue was presented early in GB days if I remember right and got fixed with ICS......so again it has presented itself. So far I haven't tracked down an easy fix yet but I'll keep looking.

Could explain why TB doesn't like to play well also.

Would also explain why the 32GB cards and KK roms are having issues as well. All related I'm sure