1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Lost root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MyndCTRL, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MyndCTRL

MyndCTRL Well-Known Member

So I cooked up a rom in dsixda's kitchen, after days of reading, reading, more reading and finally messing around in the kitchen. So I managed to install my first rom and everything was working great, however it seems like I lost my root privileges. I still have superuser in my drawer though, and I added root privileges in the kitchen so I dont know why I would not have root. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Never used the kitchen but you can flash this
    http://db.tt/0aevyyBX
    And it should give you root. Add what is in the updater script to your updater script and it should work

3. MyndCTRL

Not sure what you mean by that?

Edit: Took a second but i realized what you meant, like merge the two together?

4. Install the superuser.zip

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Inside your zip file there is an updater script. That is the file name, its in the meta-inf/com/google/android directory. Open it with Notepad+. Or credit if in Linux.

6. MyndCTRL

I know how to edit the script, i understand that part, but when you said take the contents of updater script in SuperUser.zip and add it to my updater script for my rom thats where i am stuck. Im not sure how to merge them together. I understand the layout of that script with commands and such, i just dont know the exact location in that file to put everything. Maybe there is already a rooted stock rom i can use as a base to work off of. Anyone know where i can find one? Ill do some digging to see if someone has posted one. I learn by using examples lol which kinda sucks in ways.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Just the parts where it says set_perm cause it wants to set the permissions, sorry didn't mean to sound like an jack #@% lol

8. MyndCTRL

Lol thats okay. I feel like im askin stupid questions but really i am really trying to figure this out before i ask. I almost have it too, im just about there and its frustrating because it doesnt wanna work lol

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I understand, honestly its not a stupid question. I did however see a guide a long time ago about how to write a proper updater-script. If I find it I'll post it

10. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

I will give you a rooted stock deodexed B08c.
    http://db.tt/yVphxIzP

MyndCTRL likes this.
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

In trade I want a candy bar mwahahaha ...... nevermind ;)

12. MyndCTRL

You saved me a crapload of time my friend. My laptop i do my work on isnt that slow, but it takes a good 15 minutes to deodex a rom. I wish i had my desktop, this rom making would go so much better. My pc is setup to be a development pc. Anyway when i put some money on my paypal account i will probably buy ppl some coffee or something :D

13. mholloway

mholloway Android Expert

Just enjoy.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews