• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] My "BABY" (my warp) was destroyed today

My Warp was crushed by a falling 2" x 4' falling from the ceiling. It crushed the radio and my phone.
I died........ all my hard work......my phone! My BABY!!!!!
I went out and bought another WARP!!!!!!
I just rooted it, I only need help with one thing. Please, please ,please, will somebody help me change my prl? I'm afraid to. My friend nOOve helped me do it last time with Team Viewer, and I was so excited, I wasn't paying attention. I'm afraid to do it!! And I will pay attention this time. I really need my prl back.
I've invested too much in this phone to give it up. And I could have bought a more expensive phone. But I like it, I love it! (my warp)
I looked like my dog got ran over coming home. I would really appreciate "my friends" help.
Please!??
Thanks,
Scott

Reactions: PsyMega and LilBit
My Warp was crushed by a falling 2" x 4' falling from the ceiling. It crushed the radio and my phone.
I died........ all my hard work......my phone! My BABY!!!!!
I went out and bought another WARP!!!!!!
I just rooted it, I only need help with one thing. Please, please ,please, will somebody help me change my prl? I'm afraid to. My friend nOOve helped me do it last time with Team Viewer, and I was so excited, I wasn't paying attention. I'm afraid to do it!! And I will pay attention this time. I really need my prl back.
I've invested too much in this phone to give it up. And I could have bought a more expensive phone. But I like it, I love it! (my warp)
I looked like my dog got ran over coming home. I would really appreciate "my friends" help.
Please!??
Thanks,
Scott

I started falling into my own "Oh no!!" mood, then I read you got another. Sweet!

After all, somebody needs to keep testing WOEM for me lol

Upvote 0
Tis the season to be breaking warps. Mine should be here in a day or so.

I can't help you.... but if you follow the instructions step for step its really easy. I won't turn in to a brick. Worst case you get a bad prl ( if that exists) or you forget to take you phone out of diag. Mode. And then your USB doesn't work until you remember you had a v8. Any of the instructions are easy to follow

Upvote 0
I'm tired and mentally wore out. I'll check all this in the morning. I love you guys!

Once you get your MSL code (which you need in order to change your PRL) go to your dialer and enter ##3282#, click edit, go to multimedia, change RTSP proxy and HTTPPD proxy to 0.0.0.0
Then go to DSS and change the proxy server IP address to either 74.125.79.104 or to 172.028.223.007, which is the one I use. This will make a very noticeable increase in data speed. The original IP address is 144.226.247.31 just in case you need or want to change the IP address back. Make sure you DO NOT change any of the ports or anything else ok?
I hope I helped you out. Good luck! And long live the Warp!!!

Reactions: sb43
Upvote 0
Once you get your MSL code (which you need in order to change your PRL) go to your dialer and enter ##3282#, click edit, go to multimedia, change RTSP proxy and HTTPPD proxy to 0.0.0.0
Then go to DSS and change the proxy server IP address to either 74.125.79.104 or to 172.028.223.007, which is the one I use. This will make a very noticeable increase in data speed. The original IP address is 144.226.247.31 just in case you need or want to change the IP address back. Make sure you DO NOT change any of the ports or anything else ok?
I hope I helped you out. Good luck! And long live the Warp!!!
do i change the proxy addresses to 0.0.0.0 ? not the ports... (in DSS, I've switched to another I.P, so in your 2 (i.p. addresses), will the ports be 80?

Upvote 0
Do not change the ports. Only the proxy addresses. And yes it should be 80, at least it is on mine. Yes change both proxy to 0.0.0.0

Thank You, I did it. (changed the proxy addresses in Multimedia). In DSS, I've been tapping off of different I.P. addresses from around the world. Some better than others.

Upvote 0

Thank You, I did it. (changed the proxy addresses in Multimedia). In DSS, I've been tapping off of different I.P. addresses from around the world. Some better than others.

You have some from the southern cali area? Actually can you just post a couple different IP addresses for me to try out? And you are hitting the menu button and clicking save every time you change the proxy correct?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones