• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] New PRL

New Sprint PRL. 25018

Thanks for the new PRL. This is a speed test I just did with it and it's one of the fastest I've ever gotten from 3g. :D
WOOOOHOOOO!! Not bad for 3g. Not bad at all!!

DOWNLOAD NEW 25018 PRL- https://www.mediafire.com/?c5u243jkj1m9h17

7umy6ute.jpg

Upvote 0
Will this work with CM11 and the MK5 baseband? Just trying to cover my ass first lol

Yep. I would use MOAR to flash the PRL. It has the PRL write feature in the hidden settings.

Download the PRL and unzip it.
Copy the PRL to the root of your internal. Then rename it TEST.prl.
Dial ##DATA# with the dialer.
Choose the PRL write feature and follow prompts.
Your phone will reboot. After booted up, your PRL should now be changed. Check it and make sure. :D:thumbup:

Upvote 0
And what is MOAR? Lol. I tried the prl helper app to flash it already but it said it couldn't find a hidden app. No clue what that's about. Sorry bout all the questions buddy, I'm in the IT field also and wanna make sure I have the right stuff if ya know what I mean. I'm a computer networker lol.

MOAR is a TouchWiz based ROM.

The hidden menu is a menu that contains options that cannot be found in the normal phone settings menu. It has to be accessed via codes through the phone's dialer. Entering ##DATA# via the dialer will open up part of the hidden menu for the S3.

If you are running the stock ROM, you should have the write PRL feature in the hidden menu. Use the link below and locate the section labled MODS KERNELS, AND PRL INFORMATION in the thread. Then look for the PRL information. It has a link that explains how to change the prl.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6155026

If you have a good signal, there is really no need to even mess with the prl. People usually change their PRL when they are having issues with little to no signal. Sometimes a different PRL will help increase your phone signal and data speeds. Also, please keep in mind that this is not a for sure fix. Some times changing a PRL will help and some times it won't. :)

Upvote 0
MOAR is a TouchWiz based ROM.

The hidden menu is a menu that contains options that cannot be found in the normal phone settings menu. It has to be accessed via codes through the phone's dialer. Entering ##DATA# via the dialer will open up part of the hidden menu for the S3.

If you are running the stock ROM, you should have the write PRL feature in the hidden menu. Use the link below and locate the section labled MODS KERNELS, AND PRL INFORMATION in the thread. Then look for the PRL information. It has a link that explains how to change the prl.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6155026

If you have a good signal, there is really no need to even mess with the prl. People usually change their PRL when they are having issues with little to no signal. Sometimes a different PRL will help increase your phone signal and data speeds. Also, please keep in mind that this is not a for sure fix. Some times changing a PRL will help and some times it won't. :)

Gotcha man. I appreciate your help. I flashed CM11 last night but made a backup of my stock rooted ROM. Would it be better to use a deoxed stock ROM or just any touchwiz ROM? I have barely any signal here at home and don't get a good signal till I get out around town or am outside the house. Literally...standing outside my house I get 4G with like 1 bar of service. 1 bar in the house as well. I'll look into it more and possibly flash back just to flash a prl or kernel or something.

Upvote 0
Gotcha man. I appreciate your help. I flashed CM11 last night but made a backup of my stock rooted ROM. Would it be better to use a deoxed stock ROM or just any touchwiz ROM? I have barely any signal here at home and don't get a good signal till I get out around town or am outside the house. Literally...standing outside my house I get 4G with like 1 bar of service. 1 bar in the house as well. I'll look into it more and possibly flash back just to flash a prl or kernel or something.

You will be good with just about any Touchwiz based ROM. The only Touchwiz based ROM I know of that doesn't have the write prl feature is Wicked Sensations.

One thing you'll want to know. If you use any of the other ROMs besides MOAR you will probably need your MSL #. I just changed mine with MOAR and it did not require me to enter my MSL.

Come to think of it, someone made a post awhile back about a way to change your prl without your MSL. Personally, I would flash the MOAR ROM and then change the prl. You don't need your MSL # and you might end up liking the MOAR. I'm running it now but getting ready to switch back over to Liquidsmooth. The features MOAR offers are INSANE!! That ROM literally has just about everything but the kitchen sink in it. LOL!! :D

Let me know if you have any questions or anything concerning the prl. I'll be more than happy to help you out with it. :)

Upvote 0
I was going to try this prl before I go back to aosp... I don't have write prl option on moar v7 through dialer or using prl helper... please don't tell me I have to dl another gig of tw ooze to get it!

MOAR 7 should let you access the the hidden menu. Make sure you are using the dialer that came with the ROM and dial ##DATA#. It will take you to a screen that says VIEW and EDIT. Choose VIEW and then look for PRL write. Make sure you have the PRL already on the root of your device labeled TEST.prl (make sure there is NO space after the period) . Then all you have to do is tap on the prl write feature and it will do the rest. Your phone will reboot and when it boots back up you should have your new PRL.

Here's a great tutorial on how to do it. It contains some good pictures which always come in handy.
http://gs3.wonderhowto.com/how-to/i...ung-galaxy-s3-for-sprint-and-verizon-0142886/

Upvote 0
Nope. I have the menu but no prl write option... I need a smaller tw Rom that supports this...

Barebones from MetalFan78 is the smallest one I'm aware of but it's still over half a gig. Also don't know if it will work, just responding based on the file size desire. All TW ROM's are going to be huge to one degree or another, it's unavoidable.

Upvote 0
Kreatur3 says he used the app PRL Helper and basically said it was easy. I've never used it but I would give it a try if I were you. It would save you from having to download one of the HUGE TouchWiz ROMs.

I tried all avenues. Apparently the older versions of MOAR didn't support prl write... prl helper also did not give me that option. I just gave up for now and went back to AOSP based roms. If I ever have a free gig on my sd I'll try it out on a newer tw rom LOL and then switch back to AOSP of course ;)

Upvote 0
I tried all avenues. Apparently the older versions of MOAR didn't support prl write... prl helper also did not give me that option. I just gave up for now and went back to AOSP based roms. If I ever have a free gig on my sd I'll try it out on a newer tw rom LOL and then switch back to AOSP of course ;)

That's weird because I actually had to switch back to MOAR and change my PRL because Wicked Sensations didn't have the feature. I do know this though. The newest version of MOAR has it because I just used it the other day to flash the new PRL. I wonder what's going on and why you aren't seeing the option. Hmmmm. That one has got me scratching my head.

Upvote 0
That's weird because I actually had to switch back to MOAR and change my PRL because Wicked Sensations didn't have the feature. I do know this though. The newest version of MOAR has it because I just used it the other day to flash the new PRL. I wonder what's going on and why you aren't seeing the option. Hmmmm. That one has got me scratching my head.

The backup I had was MOAR 7... been a while since I used a tw base... I'll get around to trying a newer version and update ya.

Upvote 0
The backup I had was MOAR 7... been a while since I used a tw base... I'll get around to trying a newer version and update ya.

OK bro. I flashed the newest MOAR build a few days ago and the PRL write feature worked perfectly. Just remember that it's located under VIEW and not EDIT. You would think it woudl be under EDIT but it's not. Anyways, it should work for you.

One more thing....... they've updated it too. In the past you needed your MSL # to change the PRL. It is no longer needed which is nice! :D

Reactions: Kreatur3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones