1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Boost Mobile / No 4G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fruitwerks, Jul 6, 2013.

1. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

Just wondering if anyone has the Boost version of the Force?

I have had mine for 2 days and I have yet to see 4G signal - According to the coverage map, I should have 4G. All the other pre-paid carriers have 4G here... and it is not spotty coverage at all.

I re-triggered the OTA programming last night just to be sure. So far I haven't seen anything over 128/64kpbs on speedtests - except my wifi :)

Strangely I can't dial 611... it just goes back to the dialer! I tried the '800' number, but got lost in the menus and couldn't get a real person...

Anyone else have to wait longer than half an hour for 4G? lol

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

3. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

Yes, I have read every post regarding this phone. I actually narrowed it down to two models and read the forums, and went with the force :)

4G is indeed 'on' and like that stupid app says, it is 'active' - I downloaded a few apps to give more details about connections, wifi & 3G tons of info; 4G disconnected.

Guess I'll wait until monday and try to get human support - if it is not working by then.

4. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

First off are you in a 4g LTE or 4g Wimax area? A LTE phone wont work on Wimax network.
    Use this map to locate your area.
    Coverage Maps | 4G - USA - Sprint | Sensorly
    Note it does not list Boost mobile so choose sprint.
    And try *611 but I thought that was Verizon
    Sprint is *2

fruitwerks likes this.
  5. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

That map is very disappointing, I am not often in the areas indicated. Although today I was, and 3G the whole time... Other than future expansion, I got a 4G phone because the 3G so far has been worse than dial-up. And the coverage maps looks good. Everything here is LTE, no Wimax for miles.

I know Boost is Sprint, but to boot AT&T recently deployed LTE here. And this area is growing fast... I could say a lot more, but I'll hush for now, pending some more tests & info.

I have had Cricket, Boost and someone else, so far Boost has been the best.

6. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

Don't have a 4g phone but have you tried going to settings, tap more on the wireless settings section then go to mobile networks see if both 3g or 4g is turned on. It might not be exactly where I told you but search around the wireless part in the settings app. There's always a way to disable 4g and use 3g instead, so Im checking to see if it is enabled or disabled. If it is in fact enabled go to the dailer and type ##72786# . your phone should automatically reboot and after a few mins it will automatically start the reactivation process with boost Mobile. If the problem still occurs contact boost.

7. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

Yeah I read that on slashdot lol... well dispite opening a 'ticket' with boost, and requesting evening email, they decided to call me on a Sunday morning. Then they send me an email saying they can't assist me because the number provided is the cell number.

After reviewing the Sensorly maps again, I see no reason why I wouldn't have 4G - at least on the highway. I was surprised to see 4G coverage on restricted use / private roads that are not really near the city. I'm thinking Boost has something jacked on my account and simply is not allowing me 4G access.

8. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

The only two towers here that have 4g lte have not worked in 2 days. Maybe it's been cause of all the rain. We can barely flush the toilets too. :)

9. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

Well, there is nothing wrong with my phone or account provisioning. I have experienced 4G!

The Sensorly map for my area is pretty accurate - unfortunately. I will run it for a month or so to help update the map. I do a lot of local travel with my job so I will be a fairly good contributor. When I get a sec, I will start a new thread with some other issues..

Thanks All

(mods feel free to close / lock thread)

ZTE Force 4G LTE Forum

The ZTE Force 4G LTE release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 427 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews