• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile now has free Hotspot enabled

ShapeShifter499

Android Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2015
Seems like now they allow all Boost Mobile data plan customers use their Phones as Hotspots now, no extra charge. As mentioned on this page https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/plans/monthly-phone-plans/ Just a heads up for folks who don't know.

This will go nicely with those 10GB I got Boost Mobile to give me :p proof: http://i.imgur.com/rl0FgDK.png How and why? Well they screwed up with my service months ago. They first gave me a promo "2gb extra for life" on top of their old 2gb plan. Then they came out with "growing data to 5gb" and I asked if I could get my "2gb for life" with that new plan, they said yes but screwed it up. Months later in December I decide to call up and the new rep managed to give me their "10gb half off" plan for my troubles, $30 bucks under auto pay for 10gb high speed, unlimited talk, text, data /w throttling after high speed. I feel like Boost Mobile is like the Comcast of Cellular plans. Nag enough and you just might get a better plan. Your millage may vary.

Last edited:
Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Attachments

• 1454774047292.jpg
    1454774047292.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
Seems like now they allow all Boost Mobile data plan customers use their Phones as Hotspots now, no extra charge. As mentioned on this page https://www.boostmobile.com/#!/shop/plans/monthly-phone-plans/ Just a heads up for folks who don't know.

This will go nicely with those 10GB I got Boost Mobile to give me :p proof: http://i.imgur.com/rl0FgDK.png How and why? Well they screwed up with my service months ago. They first gave me a promo "2gb extra for life" on top of their old 2gb plan. Then they came out with "growing data to 5gb" and I asked if I could get my "2gb for life" with that new plan, they said yes but screwed it up. Months later in December I decide to call up and the new rep managed to give me their "10gb half off" plan for my troubles, $30 bucks under auto pay for 10gb high speed, unlimited talk, text, data /w throttling after high speed. I feel like Boost Mobile is like the Comcast of Cellular plans. Nag enough and you just might get a better plan.
Might wanna post this under boost mobile forum section as well... you will make tons happy!

Upvote 0
Curious, I took to the Boost Fakebook page - the best way to get effective customer service - and sent them a PM. It turns out that free Hotspot isn't included for those of us on the old plans, so you have to switch to one of their new plans that include it. Apparently, the only discernible difference is that the "new" plans have Hotspot. I asked them to switch me, they said they would, but it won't take affect until my next Re-Boost.

Reactions: bg4m3r and SykkNyzz
Upvote 0
Curious, I took to the Boost Fakebook page - the best way to get effective customer service - and sent them a PM. It turns out that free Hotspot isn't included for those of us on the old plans, so you have to switch to one of their new plans that include it. Apparently, the only discernible difference is that the "new" plans have Hotspot. I asked them to switch me, they said they would, but it won't take affect until my next Re-Boost.
Ah, semantics. Is that going to reset our growing data progress?

Upvote 0
I didn't think to ask, since that doesn't really apply to those of us on the $60 plan. If you're a heavy data user, I think that plan is the way to go. I switch ROMs too much to track my data usage with any real accuracy, but I have little doubt that I've used 25+ GB of data for each of the last two months - with NO THROTTLING. Not sure how much I may be benefiting from the fact that I'm in a very rural area, concerning any data "deprioritization" that they may put in place for heavy users.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones