• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] obtaining msl code on boostmobile s3 4.1.2

I can confirm that calling Boost is the EASIEST way to go right now if you have taken the update. Man, they sure added on the security features with the update huh?

I have tried just about every method there is to obtain my MSL and it just isn't gonna happen. There isn't an easy way with this phone using any of the apps. GetMyMSL, aLogcat, and Terminal Emulator will not work. Probably could've used CDMA Workshop but I want to talk with someone about this phone's downloading mode 1st. It's different from the older devices I've used in the past.

Guess Boost is gonna be getting a call in the morning. :D

EDIT :

Just got off the phone and it actually ended up taking me about 5 minutes to get my MSL. Score 1 for Boost Mobile on prompt Customer service.

And yes, I'm in shock. lol. :p

Upvote 0
i downgraded the rom to L710VPBLJ7(sprint rom), got the MSL by using connectbot app. Now i am trying to go back to original rom but sadly cant find that boost rom.

611, called customer service. Hit #4 for tech support. Wait until the recording goes through its thing. After about a 3 second silence it will tell you to hit 0 to talk to a Boost Rep. Usually takes me less than 6 minutes to speak with a Rep. Told Rep I just upgraded to a new phone and my old MSL would not work and that I needed my new one. He was more than happy to give it to me. SCORE! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones