1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] obtaining msl code on boostmobile s3 4.1.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cornelljdavis, Jul 8, 2013.

1. cornelljdavis

cornelljdavis Well-Known Member

any ideas.... instructions or links would be great. get my read on Hahaha

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The informant

The informant Well-Known Member

Just give them a call. Only takes a few minutes lol

cornelljdavis likes this.
  3. HiiiPowers

HiiiPowers Android Enthusiast

Just call boost care and ask they'll give it to you

cornelljdavis likes this.
  4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

I can confirm that calling Boost is the EASIEST way to go right now if you have taken the update. Man, they sure added on the security features with the update huh?

I have tried just about every method there is to obtain my MSL and it just isn't gonna happen. There isn't an easy way with this phone using any of the apps. GetMyMSL, aLogcat, and Terminal Emulator will not work. Probably could've used CDMA Workshop but I want to talk with someone about this phone's downloading mode 1st. It's different from the older devices I've used in the past.

Guess Boost is gonna be getting a call in the morning. :D

EDIT :

Just got off the phone and it actually ended up taking me about 5 minutes to get my MSL. Score 1 for Boost Mobile on prompt Customer service.

And yes, I'm in shock. lol. :p

5. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

i think cs is really happy its something they can do. lol

6. wetbiker7

7. motoyola

motoyola Lurker

i downgraded the rom to L710VPBLJ7(sprint rom), got the MSL by using connectbot app. Now i am trying to go back to original rom but sadly cant find that boost rom.

8. wetbiker7

611, called customer service. Hit #4 for tech support. Wait until the recording goes through its thing. After about a 3 second silence it will tell you to hit 0 to talk to a Boost Rep. Usually takes me less than 6 minutes to speak with a Rep. Told Rep I just upgraded to a new phone and my old MSL would not work and that I needed my new one. He was more than happy to give it to me. SCORE! :D

MacKHAroni and wyelkins like this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews