• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Official Carbon KitKat Nightlies Are Here!!

Well I dunno what to think.

My internet is really frustratingly slow right now. I'm looking for a thread for this but since it's so slow right now I can't do much. I'm having an issue of the bars at the bottom not staying off after reboot, these are the soft keys like nexus has. I have the keys already so I turn them off. After reboot they come back and I have to reset them.

Also had a weird speaker issue like feedback and viper stopped working.... Also have some weird wallpaper sizing issues as well, they don't like to stay and they are offset.

If someone had a link to a thread so I can either post about this or see if others have it I'd appreciate a link

Upvote 0
Its an amazing ROM you should give it a try 😄

I tried it and love the features and i like how they are all in one spot under carbon fiber i really like the lockscreen notification one they have I kinda like that better then active display but I just can't run the rom right now it has serious battery drain this rom drained my battery form 90% to 18% in less than 3 hrs and this is with WiFi on for the first hour and a half

Upvote 0
Not sure why, but I just had a MAJOR drop in battery. What tipped me off is the phone was really warm. Nothing was running in the background so not sure what's up. This happened with beanstalk latest as well.
I really under the impression they are using these modified kernels and things are glitching out.
I guess it's back to cm11 m2 again.
Sure hope I can track this weird issue out.

Small update:
Went to cm11 at about 3pm, it's now 6pm and only lost 2% battery. Defiantly a major battery leak issue with the other 4.4.2 roms. Wonder why it affects some and not others.

Upvote 0
Well here's my battery on CARBON Kitkat with my Zero lemon battery 😜

Attachments

• 1391545253024.jpg
    1391545253024.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: struckn
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I finally got through with my 1st Zerolemon battery cycle and starting on the 2nd. I think I'm gonna go ahead and flash Carbon. Downloading now. :D

This battery is amazing. After reading about possible kernel/battery leaks with the custom Kernels, I do believe I'll stick with the stock kernel.

OK........ Here we go........ fingers crossed! :D

Upvote 0
I finally got through with my 1st Zerolemon battery cycle and starting on the 2nd. I think I'm gonna go ahead and flash Carbon. Downloading now. :D

This battery is amazing. After reading about possible kernel/battery leaks with the custom Kernels, I do believe I'll stick with the stock kernel.

OK........ Here we go........ fingers crossed! :D

Awesome! Carbon from 2/4 would be a good one, several significant changes.

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
Man oh man!!! I can tell I've been outta the loop for awhile. Took forever to DL and then I tried to flash it w/o pulling the asserts 1st.

Now it won't install. It's saying the setup wizard has stopped.

I've tried flashing with GAPPS and w/o.

Hey Struckn, give me the exacts of what you are running bro. Are you running Philz? If so, is it the newest? Any other details you may think will help.

I'm gonna re-download the ROM and try again.

I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THIS ROM IS RUNNING ON MY PHONE!!!! LMAO!!!

Upvote 0
Nevermind. Must have had a bad download!! I am setting the ROM up now. So far so good.

ROM is almost completely set up and running great so far. Almost done with Titanium restore, minus data of course. LOL!

I'm stoked!! I've been waiting for awhile to give this puppy a try! :D

SOB!!!! The Zerolemon Rugged case will not work with this or other AOSP ROMs do to the fact that the home button will not turn the phone back on during a phone call. The case has a plastic piece that is interfering with the proximity sensor. It will need to be removed in order to run this ROM.

Reactions: ajnycguy
Upvote 0
I installed stuckn's version with the asserts removed last night. I like the look and feel of Carbon a lot. Possibly more than straight CM11. I had to install Supersu and disable the native Superuser to get TB to work properly.

The main problem that I had was that it was set as enforcing instead of Permissive. I had voice, text and data. Including LTE at first.

Finally gave up and went to bed. Back to WS.

A very impressive Rom. I will play with it some more this weekend.

Upvote 0
I installed stuckn's version with the asserts removed last night. I like the look and feel of Carbon a lot. Possibly more than straight CM11. I had to install Supersu and disable the native Superuser to get TB to work properly.

The main problem that I had was that it was set as enforcing instead of Permissive. I had voice, text and data. Including LTE at first.

Finally gave up and went to bed. Back to WS.

A very impressive Rom. I will play with it some more this weekend.

Decimalman has a zip you can flash that will switch you over to Permissive. Not on my pc right now though or I would look it up. I've flashed the zip and it will indeed set you to Permissive.

As far as Carbon, it's one of my favorite ROMs. I'll switch over to it as soon as I modify the case.

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
Decimalman has a zip you can flash that will switch you over to Permissive. Not on my pc right now though or I would look it up. I've flashed the zip and it will indeed set you to Permissive.

As far as Carbon, it's one of my favorite ROMs. I'll switch over to it as soon as I modify the case.

Just FYI, Enforcing is standard procedure in KitKat, it is not something the ROM developers have control over. Terminal Emulator can set it to permissive as well.

Upvote 0
Carbon team is in the middle of changing servers, which should result in a better experience for everyone now that they will have more control and a more reliable, faster server. Read the blog post here:

Server Stuff | Carbon Rom

Downloads will be sporadic, probably for the rest of the week, and the team warns that users might be stuck with whatever nightly they have for that time frame, or won't be able to try Carbon yet if it isn't already installed on their device. I do have all the nightlies except 2/1 if anyone wants them in the meantime; first release from 1/30 and recent release from 2/4 are the most significant ones from what I have seen on the changelogs. I am on 2/4 currently and no issues, everything is smooth and battery life is kicking @$$ with the stock kernel.

Upvote 0
Ugh.....sure wish this game would work on aosp. I miss my carbon. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna play the game till I get it outta my system, then swap out to carbon rom.
Has anyone that plays subway surfer contacted the dev and let him know it has issues with the roms? I may try that, but I don't hold much with that......haven't had much luck with any replies from devs

Upvote 0
Ugh.....sure wish this game would work on aosp. I miss my carbon. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna play the game till I get it outta my system, then swap out to carbon rom.
Has anyone that plays subway surfer contacted the dev and let him know it has issues with the roms? I may try that, but I don't hold much with that......haven't had much luck with any replies from devs

If you Google search subway surfers issue on cm roms you'll find an old old version of subway surfers that works but that's the only version newer ones don't work. Good thinking contacting the Dev maybe they'll look into it I noticed some devs don't really pay attention to us though.

Upvote 0
If you Google search subway surfers issue on cm roms you'll find an old old version of subway surfers that works but that's the only version newer ones don't work. Good thinking contacting the Dev maybe they'll look into it I noticed some devs don't really pay attention to us though.

Some of them are good about helping out and listening while others could care less. Fortunately, I've been lucky to have gotten some decent help with apps I've had issues with. Hopefully the Subway Surfer guys will listen and help you guys out.

Upvote 0
Thanks Struckn for your modified debloated version of kitkat carbon. I've been running it for a couple of days now and I must say it is smooth. Call quality is thru the roof on this rom. 4g is super fast--with APN fix from HiiiPowers and wetbiker7. Thanks. Only issues I ran into are the camera fc if I switch to camcorder and switch back to camera again. Once that happen it'll just say, "cannot connect to camera", if I try to open the app. But a reboot restores it. It'll work again if I don't do the switch. The other thing is that I can't send picture messages.

Upvote 0
Thanks Struckn for your modified debloated version of kitkat carbon. I've been running it for a couple of days now and I must say it is smooth. Call quality is thru the roof on this rom. 4g is super fast--with APN fix from HiiiPowers and wetbiker7. Thanks. Only issues I ran into are the camera fc if I switch to camcorder and switch back to camera again. Once that happen it'll just say, "cannot connect to camera", if I try to open the app. But a reboot restores it. It'll work again if I don't do the switch. The other thing is that I can't send picture messages.

You have to go to the app and clear the data and cache and reboot that's a cm bug they have to fix so all I can recommend is you not use the camcorder out download another camera app
For mms you have to switch to cdma to send and receive, 4g over mms is just an issue no one can figure out yet maybe with time I'll get fixed

Upvote 0
You have to go to the app and clear the data and cache and reboot that's a cm bug they have to fix so all I can recommend is you not use the camcorder out download another camera app
For mms you have to switch to cdma to send and receive, 4g over mms is just an issue no one can figure out yet maybe with time I'll get fixed

Did as you suggested but mms still not getting thru with cdma 3g on my phone. Guess I'll keep using what's app til you or someone comes up with a solution. Thanks and good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones