• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Official CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies!

Time to bang my head against a wall lol. not sure what changed but mms was working fine on M2. flashed M3 and i no longer get mms. i wish i could use google gesture search like on the S2.

Dirty flash, clean install, flash APN fix, what is your messaging app, etc.? The more info you can provide the better.

Upvote 0
Dirty flash, clean install, flash APN fix, what is your messaging app, etc.? The more info you can provide the better.

sorry ran home on my lunch break, downloaded it, ran back to work and flashed as i sat down at my desk lol. I did a dirty flash from M2. i wiped cahce only, i did not wipe data, dn flash gapps of course. I did flash the apn fix. since then i have went back to recovery, did another dirty flash and did not flash apn fix. still using stock sms app which is what it was working on prior to flashing m3. let me know if you need any other info, and i wanna say im not complaining, just feel like im sooo close i can taste it.

Upvote 0
sorry ran home on my lunch break, downloaded it, ran back to work and flashed as i sat down at my desk lol. I did a dirty flash from M2. i wiped cahce only, i did not wipe data, dn flash gapps of course. I did flash the apn fix. since then i have went back to recovery, did another dirty flash and did not flash apn fix. still using stock sms app which is what it was working on prior to flashing m3. let me know if you need any other info, and i wanna say im not complaining, just feel like im sooo close i can taste it.

Main thing I would suggest is try something other than the stock messaging app. Hangouts has been getting better and better, and I personally use EvolveSMS with no issues. Plus, Evolve has the APN's for Boost and Virgin Mobile built in, just select from the Settings function within the app. If push really comes to shove, maybe a clean install. Also, no need to wipe anything on a dirty flash, the ROM itself will take care of what it needs (notice how all your apps undergo the "Android is updating" message after a dirty flash just like when you wipe Dalvik?).

Upvote 0
Main thing I would suggest is try something other than the stock messaging app. Hangouts has been getting better and better, and I personally use EvolveSMS with no issues. Plus, Evolve has the APN's for Boost and Virgin Mobile built in, just select from the Settings function within the app. If push really comes to shove, maybe a clean install. Also, no need to wipe anything on a dirty flash, the ROM itself will take care of what it needs (notice how all your apps undergo the "Android is updating" message after a dirty flash just like when you wipe Dalvik?).

Yes i did notice that. okay ill try it. i dont mind the clean flash, problem is i use google books and have a nice sized library and it takes forever to restore all my books back after a clean flash. like 2 hours.

Upvote 0

so i just noticed the bottom of my status bar pull down says virgin mobile. did i download the wrong .zip file for M3? any way to find out. did you create one for virgin and boost?

Upvote 0
so i just noticed the bottom of my status bar pull down says virgin mobile. did i download the wrong .zip file for M3? any way to find out. did you create one for virgin and boost?

I swapped out an xml file to make the carrier show as Virgin Mobile instead of Sprint. Shouldn't be affecting your signal or MMS I don't believe, but I could be mistaken since I don't have the Boost version. If you want I can get you a copy with the original Sprint file.

Upvote 0
I swapped out an xml file to make the carrier show as Virgin Mobile instead of Sprint. Shouldn't be affecting your signal or MMS I don't believe, but I could be mistaken since I don't have the Boost version. If you want I can get you a copy with the original Sprint file.

Id have to say its your call. No big deal if you dont think it affects mms. i just saw that and figured id goofed something up.

Upvote 0
Id have to say its your call. No big deal if you dont think it affects mms. i just saw that and figured id goofed something up.

I will put up another copy just in case. The file I swapped out has nothing to do with APN's or anything, it just mainly saves the VM users the step of changing the carrier label if they don't want to. Give me a few minutes and I will link you a more "generic" copy of the Snapshot build.

Upvote 0
I will put up another copy just in case. The file I swapped out has nothing to do with APN's or anything, it just mainly saves the VM users the step of changing the carrier label if they don't want to. Give me a few minutes and I will link you a more "generic" copy of the Snapshot build.

Not a problem at all. all this is possible for me because of you so i dont want to assume or rush you with anything. Its honestly your call buddy.

Upvote 0
All right, this version is still modified and debloated except it has the original XML file that I replaced in the first version.

CM11 Snapshot M3 w/Sprint Carrier Label 20140210.zip | by struckn for Galaxy S 3_Sprint

Okay so I came home from work and did a restore of a cm11 m2 build from last week with MMS working. Then I downloaded the file in the previous post you uploaded, rebooted into recovery flashed that and the APN fix zip, this time i didn't wipe a thing in recovery. I rebooted and didn't have MMS. Did a restore again and flashed the file in the previous post. Got MMS working. Don't know if it's the APN fix. Kinda weird.

Upvote 0
Okay so I came home from work and did a restore of a cm11 m2 build from last week with MMS working. Then I downloaded the file in the previous post you uploaded, rebooted into recovery flashed that and the APN fix zip, this time i didn't wipe a thing in recovery. I rebooted and didn't have MMS. Did a restore again and flashed the file in the previous post. Got MMS working. Don't know if it's the APN fix. Kinda weird.

Definitely weird. I have had the APN fix "stick" through all dirty flashes on KitKat, I only have to reflash it when changing ROM's entirely. Glad to hear you're up and running though!!

Reactions: dizzle16
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones