1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] PC will NOT recognize Phone just Charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rides2000, Jan 9, 2013.

1. rides2000

rides2000 Newbie
    None

Nov 17, 2012
    Male
    NJ
    Me and my wife have the same phone, ROM, Kernel. I can connect her phone to the laptop and everything is detected. I could update PRL, Mass Drive, etc...When I connect mines, I get unknown device. No Mass Storage or anything whatsoever. I change the to all various functions in my phone "All Functions, AT, Debug, etc.. but there is no change. I have even went back to stock rom and reinstalled everything but have no luck. At one point, I unplug my wifes and plugged my phone it was semi detected but then it didn't work again. ZTE tool will not work since my phone is not detected.

I have Warp Cream Sandwich ROM 1.6.3 & Glitch OC 1.8 Kernel.

Any suggestions.

Advertisement

2. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert
    None

Mar 24, 2012
    Male
    College Student!
    Charlotte, NC
    I have had the same problem... I run my own rom of course along with a glitch kernel... no idea if our problem is related but I suspect that I shorted something out on the micro USB port because right before it stopped working I used a bad USB cord... I'm completely unsure what to tell you because I'm no good with hardware related issues... otherwise I'd have fixed my own already

rides2000 likes this.
  3. rides2000

rides2000 Newbie
    None

Nov 17, 2012
    Male
    NJ
    I am going to try to go back to stock recovery to see if I can get it detected. Otherwise I would have to continue to use my email or micro adapter to transfer data.

4. rides2000

rides2000 Newbie
    None

Nov 17, 2012
    Male
    NJ
    I forgot to mention that the USB does charge my phone but my wifes phone with my USB cord does everything. Do you think it might be the Micro USB port?

5. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Android Expert
    None

Sep 28, 2012
    Male
    Business owner
    Montreal, Canada
    it could in fact be the micro usb port... did you drop while plugged in?

6. jetx2x

jetx2x Android Expert
    None

Mar 24, 2012
    Male
    College Student!
    Charlotte, NC
    The USB cord I used before mine stopped allowing me to connect had wires exposed and it starting smoking a lil bit... then it never worked again... I can charge too... and the same cord I use now works with 3 other devices... plus I've tried multiple cords on multiple computers... one thing that I've noticed is when I connect my USB to a PC the PC freezes... can't move the mouse or do anything until I disconnect my phone... definately USB is effed