• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Problematic Apps?? ZTE Warp

My Warp is a pretty good phone for the $. However I have been having issues with freezing / rebooting and not receiving text messages. I recently rooted my phone to see if it would help (1st time rooter lol it went smooth enough once I found the appropriate driver). I have not changed to a new rom yet, working up the courage. But first I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the apps I have installed are bad. I must admit I'm a bit of an app whore but I like to play :p If my issues are simply an app issue that would be awesome.

LIST

Angry birds
App quarentine
Auto Manager Memory
Be Funky
Craigslist
CVS
Dominoes
Facebook
Fancy Widgets
Firefox
Flow free
Gemini App Manager
Gmail
Go Launcher, Keyboard, Keyboard Christmas theme, emoji plugin, launcher notifications, launcher fonts, sms emoji plugin, sms pro, sms christmas theme, Merry Christmas Go sms theme
Google play services
Google play store
Google voice
History Eraser
Jorte
Media Widget
Memory Booster light
Messages Widget
metamorph
Mobill budget
move the box
Music volume EQ
My fitness pal
Network speed booster
Pandora
PDA net
Photobucket
photo frame widget
pinterest
silent mode onoff
GO Snowman theme
Tangram
Temple Run
Go Launcher Windows 7 theme
tiny call confirm
titanium backup
wallbase
wifi tether
Go Xmas theme
Zedge
utorrent

Holy smokes...don't relalize how many you have til you have to type them out. :hmpf:

I really appreciate any help!!
Thanks!

1st off just rooting doesn't help much...you need to install a custom rom. Top 3 I'd suggest are n00b, alienwarp and ctmod but there are several others that are very good as well...just be sure to get it from this forum.

2nd...way too many apps and many of which run at startup are just eating away at your ram. I don't doubt you're getting tons of fc's, freezes and reboots. Find a rom that you like its ui and ditch golauncher...also minimize the number of Widgets as they only eat more ram.

Reactions: rweeyums
Upvote 0
They do work...but its only a temporary boost. It'll kill off an app only to have it startup again immediately after. Most custom roms have swap enabled to free ram up and I believe some devs have tweaked oom groups and low men killer in init.rc allowing better native task management
Ok gotcha. Thanks. I was just checking out some roms and very cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones