1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] problems installing custom rom on ZTE warp

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nefcpainter119, Apr 20, 2012.

1. nefcpainter119

nefcpainter119 Android Enthusiast

I tried following Knoxville363'a instructions on installing a custom rom, but right after it starts, it aborts and says install update .Zip from SD card. I don't know what's wrong, someone please help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. benwalburn

benwalburn Android Enthusiast

You don't use update.zip usually. You use the "choose zip" option.

But if you're trying the wp7 ROM, it's in nandroid format. You have to unzip it and move it to where your nandroid backups are

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

3. wolf17sd

wolf17sd Lurker

im currentl running wp7 on my warp with no problems cwm works perfectly.

4. warpuser25

warpuser25 Newbie

ok to solve the problem, you dont install the rom using (install from Sd card) FIrst you have to go into (cwm recovery) click on (backup and restore) click on (backup) you have to backup your stock before u put in a rom. after your are all backed up click (reboot phone) Now plug your phone in and put the wp7 rom on to the (sd card) after its on the (sd) card, right click on it and select (Extract Here) then move it in the file /Clockworkmod/backup and restore/then under restore. Next disconnect your usb from the computer and restart your phone in cwm recovery. select the option (backup and restore) then select (restore) then select (wp7) scroll and say YES and phone will go through installing the rom. after thats done select (reboot) and enjoy.

I had this same problem but then reRead the developers instructions and works. thank me.

EDIT::::

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews