1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] Problems rooting? Post here!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snake X, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

Seriously we need 1 thread for this so that everyone can learn from each other's troubles without tracking back and forth between who knows how many threads people made with problems. I also would suggest those threads be merged here to clean this place up perhaps.

If you have any rooting problems with drivers, adb, b08c, or whatnot let us know here. That way we don't have 20 different thread's.

oscar112709, StarScream2109 and Xyro like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. superquin

superquin Newbie

Good point, I have a thread open called "ZTE Warp - Mac "Root" Instructs." Dont know how (or if i am even able) to merge it to this thread, but I've been getting help there from Tookah. I've gotten some good results that might help others dealing with Mac rooting problems.

SQ

3. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

I've helped quite a few via teamviewer root their phones. Anyone in need, just ask.

4. Snake X

Snake X Android Expert

no, this is for users and only users who can't root their phone and are in need of help. If you are a frustrated user of the zte warp let us know here. I am trying to keep this place clean because it's really starting to fill up with many threads.

n0ve and prmax like this.
  5. superquin

superquin Newbie

Ok, gotcha. Then i'll post my success here. Tookah (bless his or her heart) helped me figure out how to deal with Rooting my ZTE WARP with a Mac. Following is Tookah's instructions that I found successful. If you are trying to figure this out with a Mac, this will probably work : )

---------

Tookah's Instructs

--------

this is the only way i can think of
    if you are on b08c this is the only way even on windows for now

first

if you have any app that requires usb(zte warp) such as easytether,doubletwist etc .... uninstall it !

for easytether you can just type this in terminal

to unload the driver

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/EasyTetherUSBEthernet.kext

to reload [after you are rooted)

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/EasyTetherUSBEthernet.kext

now that you have these away

download the zip i have attached and extract to the desktop ...

make sure you have the zte driver installed ,unknown sources and usb debugging enable

1. open terminal and type
    Code:
    cd
    and drag&drop the support folder you extracted and hit enter

now type
    Code:
    adb kill-servers
    then type these code to install cwm

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    //wait till the phone shuts off and boot into bootloader(green android)

Code:
    ./fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery.img ./fastboot-mac reboot

After you install CWM (previous steps) put SuperUser.zip on your sdcard then reboot into recovery. SuperUser.zip Choose install zip from sdcard. Then verify thats what you want to do. After install has completed reboot the phone. After the phone reboots you should have root.

Don't unzip super user.zip
    Turn off your phone
    once its off push and hold ....power and volume + or - till you see cwm (looks an arrow and a hat ) if you don't see cwm you don't have it installed :D....

Now just select install zip from sdcard accept it and reboot

All above is props to Tookah, thanks again!

-SQ

6. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

^^"Clean", "For Users Who can't root and are in need of help", not for posting your way of helping, how hard is it to grasp what Snake is trying to do, I think its a great idea and let's keep this thread for those in need.

(meant to quote the guy above with the huge post on his way of help)

7. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert

I've seen you post a few times. Its much better to be nicer to people who don't really understand. I know a few people with our phones that are afraid to post on these threads due to criticism or rude remarks.

With that being said.. I too am having troubles rooting. Starting with driver installation. Ideas?

8. tookah

tookah Well-Known Member

Then people need to threads
    One for possible fixes
    And another if they still have problems ...

9. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

Agreed. and I've rooted probably 15 phones that were causing them problems. To the person above mentioning the rude remarks?... Send me a private msg. I will help root your phone via teamviewer. :)

10. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Never used yeamviewer heard teamviewer is pretty good though lol j/k

11. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

lol, blame it on the al alaaaalcohol

12. patmeegroin

patmeegroin Lurker

I followed the steps as shown on Knoxville363's vid and made it to the final screen where it said hit any key, and my fone rebooted, but i had no superuser icon. I repeated procedure and the fone rebooted and still no root?

13. n0ve

n0ve Android Expert

inbox me. I can help via yeamviewer.

14. BarefootDrunk

BarefootDrunk Lurker

Hey guys...

Is this thread still open? I know I'm gonna sound like a complete idiot, because I'm not familiar with a lot of this stuff...but I was able to root my previous phone (Samsung) and now I'm trying to root my ZTE Warp. I spent all day yesterday working on it. I followed Knoxville363's updated video but couldn't get it to work. I decided to undo everything and start over, and when I did, I noticed a step I missed the first time...it's in the PdaNet set up, where it says to reboot into Fastboot. How do I even do that?? This is what's stumping me at the moment. I've looked all over, and followed all the directions I can find, but I'm about to the point of giving up...but I CAN'T give up, hence my frustration.

Please go easy on me, I'm just a girl, who doesn't have a boy, to root her phone for her. So I'm trying to learn. Thanks. :)

15. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

Barefoot, did you install the drivers? When you plug in your Warp, you should get a prompt saying "CD Drive" or something like that. Navigate to the windows folder, and install the drivers. Then search the Warp All Things Root forum for the Ultimate Warp Drive by SnakeX. There hsould be a readme included in the file...if not there are directions in that thread. :)

16. BarefootDrunk

BarefootDrunk Lurker

Ok, I had to take a break. It was driving me crazy. I *tried* installing drivers, but I guess I'm just confused about how to do that. I went to device manager and it said I already have the best drivers, and I wasn't sure where to go from there or exactly which drivers. And I was nervous about doing something that could mess up my phone.

Sorry, I know I probably sound like someone who has no business even attempting this, but like I said, I've done it before, and I really want to be able to use my phone as a hotspot, among other things. Thanks for your help. :)

17. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

18. kingtoxik

kingtoxik Member

Having trouble rooting on windows 7. I have drivers installed. I follow all steps from the ultimate warp drive. When I select option 4 to install CWM. Phone starts to reboot it stays stuck on the green Android logo.

19. oscar112709

oscar112709 Well-Known Member

i need help asap i did everry step snake cant get my zte warp rooted plz help oscar112709 @ gmail.com

20. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

oscar112709 likes this.
  21. oscar112709

oscar112709 Well-Known Member

Its about time took me 1 month to root i got it all hooked up

LilBit likes this.
  22. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Outstanding!!:D

oscar112709 likes this.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews