• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] RAptOr ROM

StarScream2109

Extreme Android User
Feb 29, 2012
Cybertron
Hello everyone im now undergoing the building of my ROM RAptOr it wont be available for a while but i wanna know what you guys think give me some ideas for themeing it and other odds and ends suggested apps you think should be there? Apps you think shouldnt? Let me know i hope you guys will be looking forward to RAptOr V1.0.0

well I can definitely tell you what shouldn't be there:

Mobile ID (crap)
Boost zone (crap)
advanced task killer (more harmful than good)

and if you're not going to use golauncher or something and if you're going for an AOSP look just use the AOSP launcher (not the one with mobile ID on the dock).

Upvote 0
I measure any ROM against ct mod by blooddawn for the samsung galaxy prevail, super minimal and tweaks for speed... My short list would be to have it use the new kernel that hroark and crew are working on so we can overclock, a modified power menu in the notification bar like ct mod modified boot menu also like ct, black and white theme would be sweet and an ics launcher, I like ics 4.0 launcher and ADW Launcher with the ics theme... Miui replacement for email, file browser and camera... Just some ideas :)

Upvote 0
Getting the MIUI camera and email installed as system apps along wiith others as we speak i have high expectations of this ROM and i hope you guys will like and enjoy it when it gets released but dont worry guys ill keep you posted on it ( by the way this ROM will be empty besides basic system apps so ill leave it completly customizable to your app needs)

Upvote 0
Okay there will be no email system app( besides gmail) if you have hotmail, yahoo, etc. You will have to take care if that yourselves sorry guys but it's just another clog to me but there is a working camera

that's an elegant solution, keep it simple and people can add apps (you do all the hard part of making the ROM fast/sweet/minimal apps) and we can all add our preferred apps back in... keeps the footprint smaller and leaves that non critical apps up to the individual user preferences

Upvote 0
ive pretty much stripped this phone clean i want it to be the peoples ROM you need something you can download it you dont need it well hey dont worry its not even there! haha like i said its user customizable to app needs so if people complain "theres no email or ughh no note pad or global time" im going to say "DOWNLOAD OFF THE MARKET!"

Reactions: Spanked and MrBobo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones