• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [RELEASE] Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7-Beta2 For warp Released today

this is about as good as it gets for a base install of cwm, since flashing the recovery partition is only do-able in bootloader mode, and in order to get into bootloader mode, you need adb. and in order to flash the .img file, you need fastboot, and for fastboot to work, you need the bootloader drivers provided by google, an easier way to do this all is installing the android sdk, BUT I doubt that your gonna wanna install the android sdk JUST for the drivers.

I did just that, I installed the entire android sdk. Now I have two new Icons on my desktop now,, that say... AVD Manager.exe and SDK Manager.exe and not only did I install the version 2.3.4 of android platform I installed them all. every version, Just to make sure that if I ever do this kind of stuff later on, say like to test something or to do someone else phone I will have all the files. (Hopefully LOL)

This is whats coming up now
MarksAndroid.jpg

Upvote 0

I did just that, I installed the entire android sdk. Now I have two new Icons on my desktop now,, that say... AVD Manager.exe and SDK Manager.exe and not only did I install the version 2.3.4 of android platform I installed them all. every version, Just to make sure that if I ever do this kind of stuff later on, say like to test something or to do someone else phone I will have all the files. (Hopefully LOL)

This is whats coming up now
View attachment 27494

just to let you know i let windows find the driver and it worked windows 7 64 bit

i uninstalled the device and then let windows find the driver it finds it right from google

Upvote 0

OMG I am such a freaking Idiot, First off woodstock thanks for the program it worked great and it even made me find my mistake with the driver thing, I had the driver set to let me pick it instead of just updating it automatic...so I changed it to go find the update and it did then the rest of the flash went off without a problem at all, worked great...I can't thank you all enough for the help that you all have given to me. and I am so sorry so all the confusion that I may have caused with not being able to get this to work, it was just something so simple. .If anyone needs any help at all on anything feel free to send me a pm and I will try my best to help you if I can, with anything, I know what it is like to be the new guy. I am pretty good at explaining things and without hassle. so if you loose a stock file or just need some help cuz your new and don't know what to do I will try to help you find your way in here, Its the least I can so for all the help that these great people in here have done for me. again thank you all.

your friend Mark..

Upvote 0
OMG I am such a freaking Idiot, First off woodstock thanks for the program it worked great and it even made me find my mistake with the driver thing, I had the driver set to let me pick it instead of just updating it automatic...so I changed it to go find the update and it did then the rest of the flash went off without a problem at all, worked great...I can't thank you all enough for the help that you all have given to me. and I am so sorry so all the confusion that I may have caused with not being able to get this to work, it was just something so simple. .If anyone needs any help at all on anything feel free to send me a pm and I will try my best to help you if I can, with anything, I know what it is like to be the new guy. I am pretty good at explaining things and without hassle. so if you loose a stock file or just need some help cuz your new and don't know what to do I will try to help you find your way in here, Its the least I can so for all the help that these great people in here have done for me. again thank you all.

your friend Mark..

Driver issues happen to everyone it is quite common

Reactions: Marknderm
Upvote 0
Hello,

Installed QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2 without any problems.

Noted some capacitive buttons works:
- Home ==> execute selected task
- Menu ==> nothing
- Back ==> back to previous
- Search ==> same as back

Mount USB storage did not work (E: unable to mount...).

Backup seems to work ok, didn't test Restore.

Thank you very much

Upvote 0
Hey Thanx for working on this.... I've had the Warp for about a month and have it rooted and I'm eager to flash it and theme it. I'm just replying to this thread to watch the progress and wait for the stable release.

Yes, I am waiting too... want to have some roms I had on my evo:D

You can theme it now, you have root so can install GoLauncherEx, themes, Titanium Backup... but when We have roms is like real fun:D

Upvote 0
You can theme it now, you have root so can install GoLauncherEx, themes, Titanium Backup... but when We have roms is like real fun:D

I have used quite a few theme launchers, but of course they all use battery life, RAM and PCU and I use a lot of other apps and need as much power as i can get so I don't really want to use an app to theme it.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Installed QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2 without any problems.

Noted some capacitive buttons works:
- Home ==> execute selected task
- Menu ==> nothing
- Back ==> back to previous
- Search ==> same as back

Mount USB storage did not work (E: unable to mount...).

Backup seems to work ok, didn't test Restore.

Thank you very much

You might have intalled it wrong or some files was missing?

Upvote 0
I have used quite a few theme launchers, but of course they all use battery life, RAM and PCU and I use a lot of other apps and need as much power as i can get so I don't really want to use an app to theme it.

Well, I am using GoLauncherEx with default theme, my own wallpaper, lot of apps... must say all works very very well, no FCs, no reboots, stable and fast. I am using SetCPU too. No complains, only issue was stock music app autostarting itself and solved installing Zimly, so now all my 369 apps are working perfect.
I used Titanium Backup to delete some bloatware, some apps were running in background, but to do that you should know deleting some system apps can produce side effects, so I deleted just a few, 2 or 3, I don't remember.

Upvote 0
I'll be the brave one to test if the restore feature works or not :D

Ill keep posted to let you know if its successful or not

edit: Restore complete! IT DIDNT RESTORE ANY OF MY APPS! D: I'm not dissapointed, I took the risk 100% knowing this is a possibility, but I am pretty much looking at a stock zte warp atm (except superuser atm). It also kept my effect_tick.ogg that i replaced and the bootanimation is still there as well.

edit 2: I'm going to re-restore to see if this helps

Upvote 0
I'll be the brave one to test if the restore feature works or not :D

Ill keep posted to let you know if its successful or not

edit: Restore complete! IT DIDNT RESTORE ANY OF MY APPS! D: I'm not dissapointed, I took the risk 100% knowing this is a possibility, but I am pretty much looking at a stock zte warp atm (except superuser atm). It also kept my effect_tick.ogg that i replaced and the bootanimation is still there as well.

edit 2: I'm going to re-restore to see if this helps

I also did a wipe and restore. I got the same results.

Upvote 0
well... crap lol it would have been nice to know this
Well I reported it and Quietstorm clearly stated he didnt fix it because he wanted to do the cm7 so he make sure its not the stock rom doing it before he tries to fix it.
If there werent all these crazy useless post about "cant wait for cm7" and crap you might have read that.:eek:

Reactions: Spiyder
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones