• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [RELEASE] Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7-Beta2 For warp Released today

If Quitestorm wants to update his OP with all the new info, that is fine with me

he was a big part of getting CWM going and deserves most of the credit

I think he should, because we need to be better organized. When I had my htc-hd2 everything was so easy to find. One thread for CWM, every Dev had they own thread for each ROM version.

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Upvote 0
hroark there seems to be a UI issue with clockworkmod. When a file called 'command' (no extension) is put into /cache/recovery/, it automatically flashes a package (of course the file contains a line to do this). However when it flashes the package, there are 2 status bar's that show up and the android with box graphic rapidly flips vertically for a few seconds. You can see what it looks like when I release my new .bat as it uses this file to flash root and stock rom

Upvote 0
oh not only the ui issue hroark, but adb wait-for-device doesn't seem to work when rebooting into clockwork, it hangs even after its booted into clockworkmod which is a slight inconvenience to me (since I have to pause in the .bat to make sure its completely in there) but just a minor issue.

edit: figured it out

adb devices (in android)
ZTE_WarpACF237 device

adb devices (in CWM)
full_warp recovery

so either adb waits until it finds the device id ZTE_WarpACF237 again or it waits until it see's it as a device instead of recovery (from whats after the device id in output) or both. I'd have to rebuild CWM with the same device ID so I can tell for sure.

Upvote 0
After days upon days of no sleep, constant programming, and no poontang... I finally managed to bring u, Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7 for the ZTE warp. It is fully functional except for one feature, unable to mount usb storage atm. It is still in beta stages, so please expect buggies.. Fully backs up all storage mediums, mounts all storage mediums, tested and approved by me. Soo without furthur interruptions or "YES HE DID IT" s......
I give to you... CWM :cool::

DISCLAIMER:
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, NUCLEAR MISSILES, IRRITATED BOWEL SYNDROME, LOSS OF HAIR, ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES, LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Beta-1
QuietCwmRecovery-Beta1.img
Beta-2
QuietCwmRecovery-Beta2.img

The instructions for installing are the same as this post: http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/455592-testers-wanted.html#post3564968. Follow those instructions, install those drivers, and if you need drivers yourselves, here is a link: usb_driver.zip. I will quote his post on installation of the drivers and installation of clockworkmod:

[EDIT]
posting new instructions as per user request.....

posted here by me: http://androidforums.com/warp-all-things-root/455592-testers-wanted-6.html#post3847266

if ur in winblows 7, u go to start - control panel - system - then click device manager in top right of ur screen... make sure the device is plugged in and in bootloader mode. The way to reboot into bootloader mode is running cmd, going to the folder you downloaded the files to, and typing: adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader. In device manager u will see a unknown device with an exclamation point on it where usb controllers is. Right click that device, then click update driver software, then click browse my computer for driver software, then browse button on right, and go to the folder u unzipped the USB drivers for your device and select that folder and click OK. The browse for folder dialog box will disappear magically, then click the "include subfolders" checkbox so that it's enabled, should be enabled by default. then click next. it should install the drivers for u. After the drivers are installed, go to the folder u unzipped all the files from sebastian's post in, and follow the directions I posted above to install the custom recovery.

Special Thanks to:
hroark13,
interdpth, Sebastian404 and playfulgod for your help in the making of this port of clockworkmod. Another thanks to all my testers who helped weed out the issues of this project until I was able to get my own warp.....

And as a special gift, I will add a bootanimation in here to test your installation of cwm in a moment.

Heres that custom boot animation to use to test cwm functionality:

Girls_On_Trampoline.zip

Jan 26,2012
CWM beta 1 released

Jan 28,2012

CWM beta 2 released, fixed screen brightness, worked on USB mounting. Currently doing testing on primary build of CM7

ok i'm confused, do i have to download all of that for the CWM Recovery? i'm using this forum to root my phone and this is my first attempt:
http://androidforums.com/threads/root-after-b08c-update-should-also-work-on-earlier-builds.509853/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones