• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] HaloBean 9 FINAL (SkinnyHALO Included)

New Name?

• Total voters

If you don't mind my input...

You could swap that 3770 for a 3570 and get fairly similar performance. And while the 'K' versions are frequency-unlocked, they don't support Hyper-Threading, whereas the non-Ks do.

The GPU is newer, but I recently got myself a GTX 670 with slightly higher benchmark performance for the same price, albeit used. I also prefer EVGA to ASUS, as EVGA has amazing customer support IMO.

I flat out don't like Seagate, I'll be honest, I like WD better, and they're supposedly coming out with good Hybrid drives soon (they'll have larger solid-state caches than Seagate's current SSHD).

You may not need 760 watts, I run an overclocked Kentsfield (95W TDP) and GTX 670 with room to spare on a 650W.

In my opinion, the mobo is a bit pricey, as well.

This is all my opinion, though. I've built about 4 computers personally, and helped with a few others. If you plan to be gaming, as well, you might wanna go AMD. Because next-gen consoles use custom AMD APUs, games are better optimized for AMD hardware.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
If you don't mind my input...

You could swap that 3770 for a 3570 and get fairly similar performance. And while the 'K' versions are frequency-unlocked, they don't support Hyper-Threading, whereas the non-Ks do.

The GPU is newer, but I recently got myself a GTX 670 with slightly higher benchmark performance for the same price, albeit used. I also prefer EVGA to ASUS, as EVGA has amazing customer support IMO.

I flat out don't like Seagate, I'll be honest, I like WD better, and they're supposedly coming out with good Hybrid drives soon (they'll have larger solid-state caches than Seagate's current SSHD).

You may not need 760 watts, I run an overclocked Kentsfield (95W TDP) and GTX 670 with room to spare on a 650W.

In my opinion, the mobo is a bit pricey, as well.

This is all my opinion, though. I've built about 4 computers personally, and helped with a few others. If you plan to be gaming, as well, you might wanna go AMD. Because next-gen consoles use custom AMD APUs, games are better optimized for AMD hardware.

Hope this helps.

I'm used to intel hardware, I don't even game much. I made another configuration today, with an intel i7-3770 (non-K). The 3770K does support hyperthreading though, according to the Intel ARK page.

I'm getting rid of the GPU and sticking to integrated graphics since (again) I don't game much. I don't mind having to lower the resolution to get better performance. Besides my dual core i3 handles games at high-res really well and its a dual core with hyperthreading and integrated graphics. If I do ever need a GPU after building it then I'll be able to get it.

I don't like Seagate either, and another member on Team Osiris (jssa) told me to go for Western Digital, though I'm not much of a fan of SSD's an Hybrids. It's preference I guess.

The PSU is actual 750, but I may go down to 700. I wanna leave some room for future upgrades, especially since I'm adding on the hard drive I have on my current desktop.

The mb is a bit pricey, but its high quality and great with the type of core I'm getting. It's got some nice features too :) UEFI BIOS and THX sound, since I care about sound quality too (in case nobody noticed from all the time I spent with sound on this rom :p)

I really need power to build on Android, and while AMD does make better priced CPUs, they aren't really on the same level as Intel; but, they're still second best and really much better priced. Since I'm going with integrated graphics I'm sticking to Intel however.

Thanks for the advice, it does help :)

Here's an updated configuration, its a bit high since I added a monitor (no VGA on the mb so I have to get a new monitor with HDMI which I don't mind Intel Core i7-3770, Corsair 500R Black - Goal 2014 - Skinnyjeans21's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Upvote 0
Hey skinny prob. A stupid question but are you planning on any job ROMs. I know nothing but looks like its a whole diff thing than GB .but I love how your always here to update, help people ,or answer anything concernjng your work or others... which is why I loved your work

HELL YES

I was thinking of doing a modified CM10 or AOKP based rom, but I do need a better machine first.

Reactions: Dslack420
Upvote 0
I'm used to intel hardware, I don't even game much. I made another configuration today, with an intel i7-3770 (non-K). The 3770K does support hyperthreading though, according to the Intel ARK page.

I'm getting rid of the GPU and sticking to integrated graphics since (again) I don't game much. I don't mind having to lower the resolution to get better performance. Besides my dual core i3 handles games at high-res really well and its a dual core with hyperthreading and integrated graphics. If I do ever need a GPU after building it then I'll be able to get it.

I don't like Seagate either, and another member on Team Osiris (jssa) told me to go for Western Digital, though I'm not much of a fan of SSD's an Hybrids. It's preference I guess.

The PSU is actual 750, but I may go down to 700. I wanna leave some room for future upgrades, especially since I'm adding on the hard drive I have on my current desktop.

The mb is a bit pricey, but its high quality and great with the type of core I'm getting. It's got some nice features too :) UEFI BIOS and THX sound, since I care about sound quality too (in case nobody noticed from all the time I spent with sound on this rom :p)

I really need power to build on Android, and while AMD does make better priced CPUs, they aren't really on the same level as Intel; but, they're still second best and really much better priced. Since I'm going with integrated graphics I'm sticking to Intel however.

Thanks for the advice, it does help :)

Here's an updated configuration, its a bit high since I added a monitor (no VGA on the mb so I have to get a new monitor with HDMI which I don't mind Intel Core i7-3770, Corsair 500R Black - Goal 2014 - Skinnyjeans21's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Oh yeah, I much prefer Intel myself, I just heard that games were performing a bit better on AMD, and with the Mantle API coming out soon, they may work even better soon.

In terms of a GPU, I know that Photoshop, and a few other programs can take advantage of GPUs now, don't know if that's of significant importance for you. Even a cheapy could help.

It's mostly preference, yeah. I've had a better, more reliable experience with WD to other manufacturers. I just can't afford SSD myself. =P

I think a ~550-600W may suffice even for the future. Usually the only reason to go much above that is because you're running 2 or more GPUs in SLI/Crossfire.

I seem to recall getting a much cheaper MSI mobo for another build, but it was uATX and socket 1155. One also arrived slightly defective, but I figure that can happen to anything.

You might be able to go for Corsair's XMS RAM. It's a bit cheaper than their Vengeance, but not their economy stuff, mine runs fine with a slight overclock.

Sorry for getting so off-topic here, and I hope I don't sound like a know-it-all, I'm just hoping to help a bit from my experience.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah, I much prefer Intel myself, I just heard that games were performing a bit better on AMD, and with the Mantle API coming out soon, they may work even better soon.

In terms of a GPU, I know that Photoshop, and a few other programs can take advantage of GPUs now, don't know if that's of significant importance for you. Even a cheapy could help.

It's mostly preference, yeah. I've had a better, more reliable experience with WD to other manufacturers. I just can't afford SSD myself. =P

I think a ~550-600W may suffice even for the future. Usually the only reason to go much above that is because you're running 2 or more GPUs in SLI/Crossfire.

I seem to recall getting a much cheaper MSI mobo for another build, but it was uATX and socket 1155. One also arrived slightly defective, but I figure that can happen to anything.

You might be able to go for Corsair's XMS RAM. It's a bit cheaper than their Vengeance, but not their economy stuff, mine runs fine with a slight overclock.

Sorry for getting so off-topic here, and I hope I don't sound like a know-it-all, I'm just hoping to help a bit from my experience.

It's cool, this is my first custom build. I didn't have the knowledge until now, and also because Jetx2x gave me tons of tips for picking out parts. I removed the GPU, integrated graphics works fine, but I left a 750W PSU in the parts list because I KNOW I'm going to add one or two later on; also because I have other hard drives (my friend gave me 3) that I'm going to end up adding and I need to make sure I have wiggle room. I might add stuff in the optical drive bays like advanced fan control or even a cupholder :p

I made another configuration with a slightly cheaper mb with the features I need :) I got tons of great stuff like a WiFi module, a solar powered wireless keyboard, a good monitor, 2.1 channel speakers, a wireless laser mouse (I just need to get a rechargeable battery for it, it'd be cheaper than batteries all the time), and an optical drive all for about $1159 including the rest of the pc parts. I'm still looking at getting a cheaper i7 though.

Same link, but the page updates with all the changes I make all the time :D

Upvote 0
Hey guys on a totally unrelated topic I got a friend who fudged up his zte tmobile v768 really really bad and asked me to fix it for him.
Here's the details as I know so far..
He rooted it when he got it.
Uninstalled most of the apps that he wasn't going to need.
Most important he uninstalled the stock dialer and Google contacts because he said he "wasn't going to need them" oh and he uninstalled the stock file explorer on there too then proceeded to use from toolbox to tweak it and went into engineering mode to tweak it a bit.
After all this he rebooted and come to find out nothing works. Everything loads up fine but the wifi doesn't work (I suspect he messed with the radios when tweaking and turned them off or something), dialer doesn't work (so I can't do anything for him there)
And he can't install apk's from the internet becuz he has no file explorer!!!!
He said he was going to pay me if I fixed it for him so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)
Sorry for writing so much :p

Upvote 0
Anybody get Songify app to work. Can't get to work on HaloBean or SkinnyHALO.
Works on Galaxy phones. Any suggestions?

(I wiped the catch and reinstalled to still no go.)

You're not the only one... its an app issue. Doesnt work for any warps :/

Hey guys on a totally unrelated topic I got a friend who fudged up his zte tmobile v768 really really bad and asked me to fix it for him.
Most important he uninstalled the stock dialer and Google contacts because he said he "wasn't going to need them" oh and he uninstalled the stock file explorer on there too then proceeded to use from toolbox to tweak it and went into engineering mode to tweak it a bit.
After all this he rebooted and come to find out nothing works. Everything loads up fine but the wifi doesn't work (I suspect he messed with the radios when tweaking and turned them off or something), dialer doesn't work (so I can't do anything for him there)
He said he was going to pay me if I fixed it for him so any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

If he can turn on USB debugging and he has a stock rom on his computer he can just use " adb push C:/filepath /system/blah " to replace the apks he removed. Or he can restore a NANDroid backup (like he was supposed to make before modifying important system files ;))

Upvote 0
He didn't make a backup lol the dumb brain.. and I've tried ad on my computer it just doesn't want to recognize the device... any other suggestions?

Only other option is to play dumb and try and get it replaced by whoever sold it to him. If the computer doesn't wanna recognize the device I remember fixing it through Device Manager in Windows. I don't remember exactly... OH WAIT. Enable and disable and re-enable the device in Device Manager.

Upvote 0
Okie dokiee ill try it this afternoon.. if it doesn't still work do you know of any other ways to enter engineering mode besides the dialer? Can I still do it using the emergency dialer somehow?

The emergency dialer is a part of the regular dialer. In gingerbread at least, its in phone.apk, contacts.apk, framework-res.apk, and even systemui.apk. Engineering mode is totally dependent of the phone.apk so there is no other way.

Reactions: jadakiss
Upvote 0
Can you download .apk's as a zip and flash them through recovery? Probably not but just thinking....

Upvote 0
Can you download .apk's as a zip and flash them through recovery? Probably not but just thinking....

I think you just open the zip in it's file location and install it from there, or, just open the zip from your computer, put it in a file and transfer it to your phone into a "NEW APK's File" (or whatever you want to call it, and install it from the phone. I've done that.
Probably best to unzip it on your computer first, since he may not have Winzip already installed on his phone.??

Reactions: jadakiss
Upvote 0
I just bought two new phones the warp sequant and lg l9 for t mobile plan for 48.00 a month with tether woo. gave my girl the sequant which is nice amazing screen compared to the o.g but not as nice as the lg. I hate it though no forum is ever like this one,which I have been following for years lol. I always end up back when I break my phone though. 40 bucks for that o.g warp and it flys for what it is lol. I cracked the 4th screen on that phone now oops. Sorry for going way off topic I love the amount of dev. And awesome people

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
You can create a zip and flash. But you need to know the mount partitions for the device first or else it can't be done properly.

It doesn't have recovery so I can't flash :( . Unless I can do the update thingy using a zip file but that probably won't work... all hope is lost with this phone :/ thanks guys for the great help though! I can really use it for future problems!!!!! :) :D :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones