• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] ICON rom V2.0 * released 10/16/12 *

Thanks for that tip

Sure, no problem. Using dsixda's Kitchen, I use the usual option 99 to build, then I pick interactive mode, then no zipalign (it's already done) and then the Kitchen will tell you to review the scripts it just made for errors. At this point, I go into Windows and copy the two good files over top the two it just made. Then go back to the Kitchen and use the default option. The Kitchen accepts the changes and all will be well :)

Upvote 0
I'm running icon 10.1 and unknown sources wont stick so I can to download anything other than you know please play store. this is the first time this is happened so I'm not sure really what it is but also niacin running real slow the lagging like crazy what's the best way to wipe it clean but keep root?

Wipe data factory reset in cwm
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik
Whats niacin?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yup, you do. It's in your system.ext4 file under /system/etc/init.d and you have it called 97loopy_smoothness_tweak

On my phone the checkboxes and toggles sticking is caused by this tweak.

Did you resolve the stcky issue by changing permissions to r-r-r. Or did you have to completely remove the script? This is not happening to all phones and appears to be random. Theres gotta be more than just the script causing the issue..

Upvote 0
Did you resolve the stcky issue by changing permissions to r-r-r. Or did you have to completely remove the script? This is not happening to all phones and appears to be random. Theres gotta be more than just the script causing the issue..

Both ways equally work because r r r disables it as well. I made a thread about everything I did to isolate the problem and I found that every single Rom I've ever run, where I had the problem, had/has loopysmoothness in it. No loopysmoothness, no problem. Stupid me for not isolating it earlier and by no means is it the ROM's fault. It's my phone that has the ish. The ROM freaking rocks!

Upvote 0
Both ways equally work because r r r disables it as well. I made a thread about everything I did to isolate the problem and I found that every single Rom I've ever run, where I had the problem, had/has loopysmoothness in it. No loopysmoothness, no problem. Stupid me for not isolating it earlier and by no means is it the ROM's fault. It's my phone that has the ish. The ROM freaking rocks!

I modified the script.. removed the system.ui entry . Well see if that will fix it for you in the next version 1.0.3 which comes out tomorrow.
New features include...
Notification toggles
Swipe to clear
More theming
Touch wiz launcher
Touch wiz clock
Wallpapers
Popup contrast
Battery charging animation fix
Volume+

Upvote 0
I modified the script.. removed the system.ui entry . Well see if that will fix it for you in the next version 1.0.3 which comes out tomorrow.
New features include...
Notification toggles
Swipe to clear
More theming
Touch wiz launcher
Touch wiz clock
Wallpapers
Popup contrast
Battery charging animation fix
Volume+

Updated op w/ screenshots for new version 1.0.3

Upvote 0
love the rom!! wish you kept the bee starting up.

The Touch Wiz launcer has one issue which is really not an issue at all. Nothing ti be alarmed about, i just wanted to give you a heads up. if your in launcher settings and you hit the menu button, then click save, launcher will fc. Back up to the main launcher settings scroll down to the bottom and hit "save and restart". Save your settings this way and you wont have the fc to deal with. This launcher is ported from the samsung galaxy sIII.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones