• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

Ofcourse. .. not a big deal though. I already had GPS on and I don't use a lock for the lockscreen. So I'm fine

I am working on narrowing down the location button in settings, from a fresh factory data reset it works, I will check now it it was just something I installed or if it was a time activated thing...

you can turn gps on and off from the notification bar...

did you have holo locker installed by any chance?

Upvote 0
No not psx i was havin issues with settin notification toggles but got it and i just ran some v6 scripts im a bit of a noob at it but so far their runnin alright and my speed doubled withought changing dss ip
Edit-I definatly recomend v6 with this rom everything is faster theres only one or two tweeks i didnt select cuz im not sure if they were needed or what exactly they did but i have almost 1000kb a sec mid day in a fairly large city it may have fixed psx issue i have to check
Edit2- no go on psx or location and security even after perm fix and v6 script perm fix

Upvote 0
No not psx i was havin issues with settin notification toggles but got it and i just ran some v6 scripts im a bit of a noob at it but so far their runnin alright and my speed doubled withought changing dss ip
Edit-I definatly recomend v6 with this rom everything is faster theres only one or two tweeks i didnt select cuz im not sure if they were needed or what exactly they did but i have almost 1000kb a sec mid day in a fairly large city it may have fixed psx issue i have to check
Edit2- no go on psx or location and security even after perm fix and v6 script perm fix

How do u install V6 or wheree do you get it from? :eek:

Upvote 0
I have maps installed ill clear data and try again but that wont explain why psx wont run but thats ok and i made a thread asking for the scripts someone had posted them get them there and do not use 3g supercharger it causes major issues from what i hear. And you need script manager. There are more detailed threads on v6 from about a month n a half two montha ago from when i was trying on unitology if not just google xda v6 and youll find your way
Edit- still getting fc issue on location and date and on a side note has anyone else had the not bein able to create shortcuts issue? Just wonderinif i was alone on that

Upvote 0
Just installed this today after boost finally activated my phone after 2days. So far so good. I thought I was screwed when it lagged around the android silver flashy animation but once it when through it was all good. Thanks

I assume V is going to be a big improvement as well?

Did you just install 4 or the v update too?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones