• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

Downloading now via phone (my PC just took to acting up after microjunk update.

I did just the opposite, but the file hung a little when transfering to my phone.:mad: Possible cause of loss of root?:thinking: Anyway, roms running very smooth now. not using gosms or golauncher locker etc. sticking with the messaging app on the rom, works great!!:D

Upvote 0
I did just the opposite, but the file hung a little when transfering to my phone.:mad: Possible cause of loss of root?:thinking: Anyway, roms running very smooth now. not using gosms or golauncher locker etc. sticking with the messaging app on the rom, works great!!:D

All it would have taken is one character to be off in the update script for it to not properly symlink the su binary. Best thing to do when that happens is to delete the file on the phone, transfer again. I've had many issues transferring back when I had a partitioned SD in Linux, it would take multiple attempts.
Just a warning, don't partition your SD, its a waste of time

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
All it would have taken is one character to be off in the update script for it to not properly symlink the su binary. Best thing to do when that happens is to delete the file on the phone, transfer again. I've had many issues transferring back when I had a partitioned SD in Linux, it would take multiple attempts.

Whyis it a waste. Iuse rom toolbox and put a 2gig partition and it hasnt caused any issues or anything

Upvote 0
What are you using that partition for? App2sd isn't needed. It wasn't really that, it was the fact that Linux didn't like me unmounting one partition cause they would all disappear. Plus it had a Linux swap partition and it had issues releasing that, I formatted my card back to one partition and everything is fine now. This was just a Linux issue, and development issue. Constant reconnecting and disconnecting the phone. Anyways, probably should get back on topic ;)

Upvote 0

Ok, I did it. just in case I need to reflash, plus the new zip has the mms blk theme update as well. I wondered if something would go wrong when that file hung up like that!!

Upvote 0
Next alarm not showing up on lockscreen I'm on n00b V. I'm running stock deodexed alarm it wont show up at all but if I restart with alarm turned on before hand it will show up and not go away.

I like alarmdroid as a good replacement for the stock one, haven't tried stock again in a long time, try it you might like it and I can confirm that one works as far as the icon.

Upvote 0
I have it sending now but when my wife receives my photos they are not high Res they are small and grainy looking.

Pic message quality almost seems worse than before. I tried sending to myself even and it is distorted

I was having the same issue. But fortunately I was able to restore SMS/MMS with titanium backup. Now I'm all good. I love the n00b roms.

take the picture in landscape (hold the camera on it's side), it seems to keep the high resolution that way but not in portrait.

It's definately not WORSE than stock though, stock downsamples way further than this one even in portrait.

Upvote 0
In root explorer/system should everything in there have the same permissions???? You know app , bin , ect , build prop.

I set permissions the same as stock except for a few things I added: busybox, init.d scripts and a few others.

I am flashing back to stock anyway to check a few things so I will take a look how those folders look while I am there. If you open the folders and look at the files you will find they have the correct permissions as far as I can see. I am assuming they are correct unless someone can tell me otherwise. the only question mark I have is the init.d scripts because I think I have more permission on those than is required but I don't see an issue with that.

Reactions: mholloway
Upvote 0
I set permissions the same as stock except for a few things I added: busybox, init.d scripts and a few others.

I am flashing back to stock anyway to check a few things so I will take a look how those folders look while I am there. If you open the folders and look at the files you will find they have the correct permissions as far as I can see. I am assuming they are correct unless someone can tell me otherwise. the only question mark I have is the init.d scripts because I think I have more permission on those than is required but I don't see an issue with that.

Reason I am asking cause build prop permissions were set differently then the others,but I did install super phone IV,

Upvote 0
How long did the first boot take for everyone? I've been sitting here at the boot screen that says "Android" for about 10 minutes with the red LED lit up in the upper right corner.

should be 2-5 minutes, it's building swap the first boot as well as the initial dalvik cache etc.

Feel free to pull the battery and reboot, if it doesn't come up after that I would re-flash because it shouldn't be so slow.

Upvote 0
should be 2-5 minutes, it's building swap the first boot as well as the initial dalvik cache etc.

Feel free to pull the battery and reboot, if it doesn't come up after that I would re-flash because it shouldn't be so slow.

I actually just tried both of those methods and the same thing is happening. Could it have anything to do with my partitioned SD card? Typically before installing a new ROM, I will set partition the card in clockwork and set swap to 0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones