• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

@ uknow I thought you were referencing the oc. Glad I gave the benefit of doubt! I think there's a thread on this forum somewhere I recall seeing to help you on the splash image :)
Thanks man and trust me i have nothing buut respect for the ppl who are smart enough to do this

( i love noob rom and the opening splash i just i dont like all that grey lol)

Upvote 0
Thanks man and trust me i have nothing buut respect for the ppl who are smart enough to do this

( i love noob rom and the opening splash i just i dont like all that grey lol)

I always get bored with colors and find myself dicking around with them all the time. I don't mess with the splash image though because it's only on once in a great while on reboot so not enough for my time investment. I actually like it though to where I would keep it anyway. The status bar icons on the other hand is where my ADD kicks in and I look to change because I see it all the time. It's why I love the fact the MrBobo understands that about me and some of the others and made it compatible with UOT Kitchen so we can change if we like. All around rockin' ROM.

Upvote 0
@MrBobo
What do ya think is causing the slower data speed with oc? Strange me thinks. The GREAT news is that downthemachine figured out the WiFi and Bluetooth issues! Any chance can get the non oc kernel you're using with this Rom in a zip for those of us wanting to test back and forth? If so it's much appreciated because I don't have it and if I do I don't know which one it is lol :D:D:D

Upvote 0
Screenshot works better than all I've used! Minimalist red thing going on.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348972070814.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348972070814.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: DeloreanRacer
Upvote 0
This is my first post so bare with me ;)....I did notice the slow net speed when I first flashed the new version VI with the oc kernal. But I did a manual prl update using dfs latest version. This can be found in the all thing root thread. (Follow the link that is for update prl non cdma method) hope this helps because it helped this n00b. Thanks MrBobo and thanks Dtm. Keep up the great work!

Upvote 0
So what are the benefits of overclocking and how safe is it?

I don't want to end up making my phone explode while it's in my pocket D:

OC is beneficial in that it makes the phone run snappier, especially games. For comparison sakes and for an analogy, think of it like a car. You have a motor (our phone's CPU that's rated @ 1.2GHz) in a car with 300 horsepower. However, it can get up to a higher horsepower if you tune and tweak it. That's what OC does to our processor, makes it have a higher horsepower. It's the mecca of every kernel developer out there on every phone platform to find that notorious sweet spot that makes the phone a superstar. Downthemachine (DTM) has made the kernel with OC stable and without wifi and bluetooth issues and now it's just a matter of finding that speed that makes our Warp shine the best.

As far as safety, it's already been well known by the developers and the warp community prior to DTM's kernel fixes (THANKS DTM!) that our processor can be stable up to 1.8GHz but it will run a bit hotter and drain a bit more battery, depending on the frequency it's set at. The higher the frequency (GHz), the more the processor is working. It won't blow up on you though and many of us put in profiles in apps such as SetCPU and ROM Toolbox that will automatically draw back the frequency if a temperature profile is met. I keep my phone running at optimal frequency until it hits 43degrees Celsius, of which, the governor profile I have setup in ROM Toolbox kicks in, puts on the condom er profile, and lowers it down to a much lower frequency until the phone cools down thus preventing a processor or hardware meltdown. Some people have it kick in at 40degrees Celsius but I found that my phone gets to that point too quickly and that I can push it a little harder. Because ZTE has crap Quality Control measures in place IMHO, every one of our phones has it's own fingerprint on what it can and can't do and mine just happens to hate the init.d LoopySmoothness tweak and it gets hot quickly but the temp stabilizes at about 42degrees Celsius without any issues. BTW, what your phone will do when it tapers back the frequency when your heat profile kicks in, you will lag VERY badly until it drops below the temp you set into it for a governor. That's what it's supposed to do though. Hope I've cleared it up for everybody wondering about OC in the n00b ROM! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones