1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Boost Mobile] [ROM] Official LiquidSmooth Nightlies!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wetbiker7, Mar 10, 2014.

1. rickpcb

rickpcb Android Enthusiast

Try stepping up to the newest version of CM where those issues have been addressed...

Advertisement

2. Kreatur3

Kreatur3 Android Enthusiast

Seems anything with a cm base is still having issues with 4g. At least from what I've read on their threads over at xda. Does anyone know the latest build of ls that just worked? Wanted to give it another try. :)

3. HiiiPowers

HiiiPowers Android Enthusiast

I already posted it multiple times soon as I posted the 4gAPN fix but it never got sticked people always ask I explain it under the asop section in the working roms thread directions are there also

steelyus1 likes this.
  4. HiiiPowers

Totally agree with you because that's the reason why the APN fix wipes the mms because it's built to sprints apns and on tw that's fine but on asop you need the right ones

I also said this before in multiple threads if you run a new asop rom or update to it and loose 4g it's THE ROM screwing with the telephone database so the apn fix can't function properly so you'll either have to try another rom or go back to your backup

Overall I have not found a rom that's fully functional without bugs that the APN fix doesn't work on so please don't post the APN fix doesn't work because it'll just confuse new users thinking it doesn't work at all so they don't try it

All you have to do to get 4g is flash your asop rom of choice then let it boot up let it connects to at least 3g or 1x which I'll most likely say then boot into recovery and flash the zip and you'll have 4g once data connects

As far as mms there are multiple ways to get it configured to boost mms but my method is to just download handcent app go under settings then mms and use this
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1794956
    Use the 2nd method just set it to the Boost mobile settings and you'll have mms

steelyus1 likes this.
  5. HiiiPowers

Liquid smooth is really Unstable
    Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't I wouldn't recommend it to beginner either aicp or slimkat or Omni rom all three are stable
    Even resurrection remix rom not this rom until they get a lot sorted out

EDIT:To revise those are roms I recommend but you'll have the ability to run anything that says d2lte or d2spr so try them all can't hurt and figure out what meets your needs the best. What's good to me may not be good for you

6. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

"Stable" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. What works for one user is not another user's cup of tea. No two people use all the same apps, same configurations, same kernels/tweaks, etc., etc. Liquid has run phenomenally well for me, so well that I can barely flash any other ROMs long enough just to see what they are about before I flash back to LS. Therefore, I would hesitate to throw a blanket statement out there that says the things you just said. My two cents.

steelyus1 likes this.
  7. HiiiPowers

That's completely true for me I'll run any rom just fine if it doesn't work as I need it to I'll just try another or wait for a nightly.

For me stable meaning myself and wetbicker and others ran it for a while and you shouldn't run into any problems unless your trying to break the rom lol

All these 4.4 roms have a level of instability just really matter on what you can deal with
    That's why I said I wasn't recommending this rom to any newbies because some days I'll run great but others it'll be a little bit flaky but that's the same with all the ROMs but for some reason it seems people gravitate towards this rom the most (probably because it's awesome) when there are plenty of other options the devs work hard and the only stable stable roms you'll get is 4.3 and below for now
    I've had my share of problems with every asop rom I've tried I'm just always changing the roms so much it doesn't bother me
    I'll run the rom with no working camera lol but for some people that's a deal breaker

steelyus1 likes this.
  8. HiiiPowers

Let me make sure it's not just me but this has been kinda bothering me I use bluetooth a lot and when I put my songs on shuffle through Apollo and try to skip back to the previous song out doesn't work could you see if that's the case with you too play a song through Apollo and try to skip back twice I've noticed this with almost every rom didn't use to be like this

I also noticed if you plug your phone into the charger lock the phone and rotate the phone either way it'll stop charging for almost 3-5 seconds and sometimes it won't change until you rotate it back I was dealing with this on Omni rom and I see this rom does it too

steelyus1 likes this.
  9. steelyus1

steelyus1 Well-Known Member

First time poster in the Phandroid forums. Long time XDA user.

Just wanted to say just switched to Boost and you guys have been extremely helpful for finding out the things I needed to know so I didn't run into issues after rooting.

Running Liquid Smooth 05 April 14 Nightly without any issues at all.

Just a thanks to all Devs and Contributors in here!

Rxpert83 likes this.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Welcome to the forums! :D

steelyus1 likes this.
  11. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

Ditto what @Rxpert83 said, welcome to the forums! My personal feeling is that the combined VM/Boost forums for this phone, along with the G+ communities for the various ROM's, are much more user friendly than XDA. I find myself far more active here and on G+ than on XDA and with good reason.

Also, just FYI, if you proceed to a newer nightly than 4/5, you will need a clean flash due to a massive amount of changes on the 4/6 build. Any dirty flashing after that should be fine until the devs say so again (this seems to happen about once a month).

steelyus1 and wetbiker7 like this.
  12. steelyus1

Most definitely. Always a clean flash. Got burned too many times on the S4 with dirty flashes LOL. (just didn't use things like controlling my TV, etc. So didn't mind going down to S3 again at 1/2 the price of TMO).

Agreed, seems to actually be a "community" here, rather than a team against team environment. Love the vibe, even between carrier forums.

LS is the best AOSP I've used on ANY device. Glad you guys are keeping the Boost/VM carriers compatible with it. And it just gets better with each release.

struckn likes this.
  13. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

UPDATE!!!

NEW AOSP DEATHLY KERNELS.

http://drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Kernels/d2lte/

I'M RUNNING THE NEWEST. IT'S NICE AND HAS A TON OF OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM. I RECOMMEND CHECKING IT OUT! :thumbup:

struckn and steelyus1 like this.
  14. steelyus1

Downloading now.

15. wetbiker7

Just a lil heads up. You guys might wanna stay away from the combo of TCP-Veno, I/O-bfq, Gov- nightmare. The combo rebooted my phone for me! :D

steelyus1 likes this.
  16. steelyus1

always use cfq and ondemand. Those usually give the best outcomes (depending on kernel) for my personal tastes.

Used to Ktoonsez's kernels, but like you stated in the main sticky, didn't have the greatest performance with this particular phone and set up. So, going with other avenues.

17. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

New Liquid nightly just posted, as did a new Beanstalk. Looks like a good start to my Wednesday off from work!!

steelyus1 likes this.
  18. wetbiker7

The amount of settings in this kernel are impressive and the combinations are mind boggling. It has more govs to choose from than any kernel I've seen for the S3. If i'm not mistaken, it has more TCP and I/O settings than any of the other AOSP kernels right now too.

steelyus1 likes this.
  19. steelyus1

Sweet!

Will start messing around with combos.

Soft brick, here i come!!! LOL

20. wetbiker7

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't talk like that. The kernel gremlins will hear you. lol :D

steelyus1 likes this.
  21. steelyus1

LMAO! too late, they got me.

See kids, that's the reason for Nandroid backups!!! LOL

Edit: FYI guys, looks like whatever I use with TCP-Veno is giving me issues with this ROM and my personal phone (may work for someone else's phone setup).

wetbiker7 likes this.
  22. wetbiker7

Try TCP- WESTWOOD, I/O- ROW, GOV- PEGASUSQ. See how that works for you. :thumbup:

Edit- your read ahead buffer is gonna depend on your SD card. I move mine around a little. Usually 2048 is a good setting for me.

steelyus1 likes this.
  23. steelyus1

Been running the TCP on Westwood with I/O on cfq and GOV on ondemand. Read ahead copied wetbiker at 2048. Been great so far today. Excellent performance and battery life for me with this ROM (do have a zerolemon 7K also).

24. APOPHiS420

APOPHiS420 Android Enthusiast

What SD card are you using??

25. wetbiker7

32 GB SanDisk Class 10