• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

View attachment Phone.apk (This is the Chrome APK) I downloaded GB compatible Chrome on File Crop. It's running great! As far as my benchmark
I did it after i wiped my sd card & bare bones rom. Running sd card booster too. It helps having a class 10 sd card too. Ran cpu at. 1803...... typing on phone now. So too much to say. Other than "HELL YEAH!

Upvote 0
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_201303171652.jpg
    IMG_201303171652.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2013031748114.jpg
    IMG_2013031748114.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Pretty outstanding job mercury!! Lots of tweaks, and additions!! Very snappy and responsive!!
I used TB to remove some apps I wont ever use. Google maps, talk, street view. Sound Recorder and you tube app. I replaced the browser and launcher also.

It looks even better with the dpi at 200, for some reason all my apps download and update even with a dpi of 200. Maybe it was that tweak in liquid smooth? Dont know, dont care.

Great stand alone rom, nothing else like it!!! Very well done and it deserves an A+ !!!

Edit: I also flashed all four of the mercury sound packs, and they are a great addition to the rom!!

I do miss the notification pulldown toggles though!!!

Upvote 0
[/ATTACH]
As far as the good benchmark, you all know how antutu works. You, can do a test and get an awesome score, and next test, you suck! IDK, I kept that screen shot, and I think I PM'ed Merc right after. I didn't get a chance to do another like I wanted to the other day, but WTH, I'll do one now............ I'll post it. (now Keep this in mind, this time I have a whole gobbledygook of apps).

Upvote 0
Finally got this ROM installed on my Warp. Looks great Merc! I like all the settings options you have added. Very handy!! I agree with something I read in an earlier post here, that Quick Panel would work great as a replacement for Notification launcher.

Something I noticed today and haven't seen mention of in this thread is that there seems to be a ripple/flash effect when scrolling up and down on screens as well as in the Power Menu. Has anyone else noticed this?

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
Finally got this ROM installed on my Warp. Looks great Merc! I like all the settings options you have added. Very handy!! I agree with something I read in an earlier post here, that Quick Panel would work great as a replacement for Notification launcher.

Something I noticed today and haven't seen mention of in this thread is that there seems to be a ripple/flash effect when scrolling up and down on screens as well as in the Power Menu. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yep, I forgot to mention in the OP (updated it now, though) that that's a normal side effect of taking the FPS cap off in B10G. I'm making a flashable which undoes this, for those that want to do so.

Reactions: cartersball
Upvote 0
Pretty outstanding job mercury!! Lots of tweaks, and additions!! Very snappy and responsive!!
I used TB to remove some apps I wont ever use. Google maps, talk, street view. Sound Recorder and you tube app. I replaced the browser and launcher also.

It looks even better with the dpi at 200, for some reason all my apps download and update even with a dpi of 200. Maybe it was that tweak in liquid smooth? Dont know, dont care.

Great stand alone rom, nothing else like it!!! Very well done and it deserves an A+ !!!

Edit: I also flashed all four of the mercury sound packs, and they are a great addition to the rom!!

Thanks, Bit!

The ROM does have toggles! :) Check out the "Notification toggles" item in the settings menu. I originally did it this way so that it would be more customizable for those that wanted the option, and those that don't use them can disable them completely. However, after all the feedback, I think I need to just go ahead and port the real thing over to B10G.

Upvote 0
Van we get Google chrome for this rom

Sadly, I don't believe so. I looked into the reasons why Chrome requires the Android version it does, and it seems that it depends on several integrated OS features to work... meaning I'd not only have to port Chrome itself but also the entire Android 4.0 framework system as well.

Maybe in Warp OEM 3.0 ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks, Bit!

The ROM does have toggles! :) Check out the "Notification toggles" item in the settings menu. I originally did it this way so that it would be more customizable for those that wanted the option, and those that don't use them can disable them completely. However, after all the feedback, I think I need to just go ahead and port the real thing over to B10G.

That would be super awesome!!!

Upvote 0
Ok finally got a chance to tweak alittle bit and ran across something, I don't run a lot of programs in the back ground( im kinda anal about that, from my early computer days lol) but I noticed when I went to uninstall sys apps in uninstaller pro it wont let me and says system error and wont uninstall like google maps, browser etc, any ideas there sir...:D

First bench............:smokingsomb:

Are u trying to uninstall the system app if u cant uninstall it in settings I would restart device and try again if it dont work then use root browser or some file explorer app and remove them from system

Upvote 0

I totally agree with lilbit for the response times..they are defo better then most others in my exp.

two questions

one directed at lilbit...what is TB and how can I get it because I only like Dolphin browser cross platform and specific others and would like to know how to change out the defaults...

and two

I miss the old toggles as well since when I see something on the upper left (new toggle setup) I assume its something new and not just something I enabled by default.

sorry bout the long post and being verbose

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones